Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My PB RS4 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
My PB RS4 Build Thread

Well I finally found a nice, clean, well cared for RS4. It wasnt easy to find one. But I picked it up last week and am looking forward to the mod process. I will document what I do so people have some info on the parts. I have looked and it seems the info is scarce. I guess most dont do crazy mods. I just sold my Record Holding evo that made 800whp. When I built it, it was the same thing. I would ask people what seat rails they used and nothing. So I figure this info may be useful to some. I am not going for big hp numbers but am shooting for a solid track day car with some mild weight reduction. I'll let you know what I find...
Car
07 Phantom Black
Black Interior
Carbon fiber trim
44K miles
CPO'd Jim Ellis Audi
1 owner

Mods:
APR ecu flash $599 04-14-10
Tint 20% $130 04-15-10
Straight Pipe Mod $200 04-19-10
Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harness's $300x2 04-19-10
Camera Mount $50
Hotchkis Sway bars FT 35MM/ RR 29MM $380 05-12-10
Titanium Package Black Grill $450 05-18-10
Goodridge SS Brake Lines FT/RR $145 05-20-10
Carbotech XP10-XP8 05-20-10
JHM Lightweight Rotors FT/RR...
Stasis Ohlins MS Coilovers...
Titanium Package Black Trim...

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-26-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
I flashed the ecu with the APR flash. It was definitely noticeable. Throttle response is much better and power is definitely up. Even though the webpage says multiple maps are available my ecu was single map only. So I am guessing some may allow for mutliple maps, but mine didnt have the storage available. Single map only, which is fine because I have no intentions of running a 91 or 100 octane map. The only bummer was no valet or other goodies. They are on sale for $599 from $699. A mod well worth it in my opionion.
Also tinted the windows today. Tint is 20% and looks perfect. Not too dark but dark enough...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Speciale Ed is on a distinguished road
Beautiful car - have an IBIS '08 myself (just ordered a Tubi exhaust for it)

Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Former Vendor
Modball Team is on a distinguished road
Very nice car man , I think the boot (trunk) on US models look better than the Euro

Old 04-15-2010, 09:15 PM
switchface will become famous soon enough
Looking forward to the build.

Can you comment on how it compares to your C63?

Old 04-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by switchface
Looking forward to the build.

Can you comment on how it compares to your C63?
I loved my C63, but I like the RS4 better. The C63 was great for a DD and the occasional straightline blast. But mine didnt have the LSD which is mandatory in my opinion. Its an option for 2010 so I guess enough people complained. It was also available in a package in 09. I was going to buy a 2010 but loaded with the PP the car was $81K. Thats getting steep for a C class. Replacing tires on the rears gets tiresome too. I had a full blown drag car that I played with and babied the C on the street and never got more than 7k miles out of the rears. Drive a little spirited and you'll replace them at 3k miles Just something to deal with on that car. I loved it and enjoyed it. But I want to do track days now and the RS4 is better suited for that in my opinion. I'll be able to give a better comparison once I drive the RS4 for a few months.... But from what I'm seeing so far the RS4 is the better toy and still does everything well around town, looks great, and has great electronics, fit and finish...

Old 04-16-2010, 04:21 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Sick looking, congrats!

Old 04-17-2010, 05:22 AM
blaze is on a distinguished road
Excellent thread. My Phantom Black originally came from Jim Ellis too. So far I've tinted the windows, added a 3M clear bra, hardwired my remote V1, and installed gunmetal 19x10 Rotiform MIAs w/ 5mm spacers. I'm looking to add an exhaust - either GMG or Milltek.

Last edited by blaze; 04-17-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by blaze
Excellent thread. My Phantom Black originally came from Jim Ellis too. So far I've tinted the windows, added a 3M clear bra, hardwired my remote V1, and installed gunmetal 19x10 Rotiform MIAs w/ 5mm spacers. I'm looking to add an exhaust - either GMG or Milltek.
Thanks. Yeah I am doing the GMG for daily and making a custom straight pipe set up for the track. I like the way both sound but the GMG I think has just a bit better sound and I hear the GMG has better quality. Any pics of your car?

Old 04-17-2010, 05:23 PM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Who installed the APR software for you? I also have an RS4 and would love to load up the software or have it installed. I'm in Jax, FL.

Thanks

Old 04-17-2010, 05:36 PM
RS4bro is on a distinguished road
Welcome and congrats! I have an 07 Misano RS4 and I love it!

Did you thing the C63 was a better cornering car than the RS4 or is it too early to tell???

Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
imola s4 will become famous soon enough
Car looks solid man!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:51 AM
justin_bmw is on a distinguished road
Are you worried about carbon build up?

Old 04-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by kparis
Who installed the APR software for you? I also have an RS4 and would love to load up the software or have it installed. I'm in Jax, FL.

Thanks
I had it done at USP in Coral Springs. Thats a bit of a drive for you. But if you look at APR's website they have a dealer locator. I believe there was one up by you. I am definitely happy with the software...

RS4bro- The RS4 feels a little better in the corners so far, but kind of early to tell. I will be doing a track day shortly. The C63 felt great and a little lighter, but with no LSD(in my car) the car suffered quite a bit. The LSD is a must for a C63.

justin_bmw- No, when its needs cleaning I'll clean it. Its no worse than replacing rear tires every 3k miles on the C63. There are a few ideas to minimize the build up like a catch can, etc. I'll give my fedback once I have done the items and have done the first cleaning.

Thanks, loving the car so far. Suspension, exhaust, and swy bars are ordered. Todays track day was cancelled and the next one is in May. If they reschedule this one I'll post up pics and vids.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
ChrisF1220 will become famous soon enoughChrisF1220 will become famous soon enough
Looking forward to seeing the progress!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My PB RS4 Build Thread