Audi S4, S6, RS4, RS6, R8 etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My PB RS4 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ducky993
Didn't intend to spark anything, I just never really knew how bad it could get.

Aftermarket stuff is not surprising. Despite the huge VW/AUDI market, the Rs4 doesn't have much cross-application and a owners that payed a premium have no qualms with letting the german engineers do all the legwork. I've seen some that are actually resistant to change anything. If it were FI like the B5's, you'd have some more support there for sure.

What's the difficulty with wheels?
No sparks Just saying I dont get too wrapped up into what I hear unless I experience it first hand.

The wheels are hard to find. There are a few available, but why put a 28-30# wheel on the car when it comes with a 27# wheel. The RGR's are ok, but big $$$. I like the Oz ultraleggera and they seem to keep getting pushed back a month at a time. Now it says July. I actually bought a set(not OZ's) and got screwed. I was told they were a specific weight and they ended up being 5# heavier than quoted. All the parts are backordered for months. Nothing has gone as planned. No one wants to work on it either. You cant even imagine what I've gone through trying to find someone to install coilovers. The BS is just ridiculous. Its a shame because the car is beautiful and performs great. I am just the type of person who likes to tinker. I am going to sell the parts I purchased and just drive the car until I find a replacement. Not even sure what I want So I am open to offers and trades. I'll list the parts available. Most everything is brand new in the box. Only thing on the car is the grill and sway bars which have been on there 1 week and its only been driven once with them on...

Stasis Ohlins Motorsport Coilovers-BNIB
Stern Arms-BNIB
JHM Lightweight rotors front and rear-BNIB
Carbotech brake pads XP10Ft/XP8 rear
Hotckis sway bar kit 35mm ft/ 29mm rr
black grill/ titanium edition
black window trim/ titanium edition-BNIB
Schroth Quick Fit Pro Harnesses

If anyone is interested in the car let me know. I will probably make a FS thread once I am 100% confident in my decision. I am still on the fence. I love the car, but want to do more track days....

Old 05-27-2010, 12:05 AM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
That's a shame.. good luck with whatever you choose.

At least you know the pcars have seemingly endless tinkeringability.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:57 AM
Most-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond reputeMost-Wanted has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ducky993
That's a shame.. good luck with whatever you choose.

At least you know the pcars have seemingly endless tinkeringability.
Yeah, its either a GT3, CLK BS, C63 or I may just do another evo. I'm in no rush and gonna enjoy the RS4 until I figure out what I want... I'm going to post a FS thread with my trade interests.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; 05-27-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
badhbtz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Efterlyst27
I might need an RS4 one day.. Yours looks nice.
I got one

Old 05-30-2010, 11:27 AM
mjnsx07 is on a distinguished road
Not too exterem but clean and subtle build on your RS4. Love it.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
legbend is on a distinguished road
Makes me want to black-out my trim... possibly even the lower splitter.