Sponsored By:

Milltek on my RS4; non-valved, non-resonated

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
oalvarez will become famous soon enough
Milltek on my RS4; non-valved, non-resonated

ominous, and without downpipes.

a good friend of mine came over (a B7 S4 owner) to allow me to truly hear what the exhaust was all about. when he drove by it sounded just like what you hear on most of the YouTube videos.....the car sounded almost like a Cigarette racing boat when passing by....just an ominous sound and one that i could hear many blocks away. at idle the car has a low note but is not loud. it's definitely louder than the stock with the Sport setting turned on. driving with the front windows down gives the ride a new feel, almost nascar'ish. forget about the valved version unless you have the downpipes. the guys at Stratmosphere (who spent a good amount of time with me over the phone) were 100% right; go with the non-res if you're not going to go with downpipes. it's almost as though it's the perfect mix unless you want Satan's scream following you around town.

just perfect....and seriously mean.

i love it and couldn't be happier.

fire away with the questions should you wish to know more.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:33 PM
kem
kem is on a distinguished road
video! Congrats man, I'm jealous.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:11 AM
Go, Kem, GO! order one now! if you're debating between res and non=res, resonated would most likely be similar to stock but marginally, and i mean ever so slightly, louder than stock. why do i say? my non-res+stock downpipes isn't crazy loud whatsoever, it's just tonally lower at idle with a nice growl that you can actually hear when under load. oh, and the best part? the system is so much lighter and i actually do think i can feel a power difference....it feels like i have a little more power earlier on the torque band.

be not afraid

Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
offroad911 is on a distinguished road
I have the first resonated Milltek that came into the US for the RS4 and Bob (Stratsmosphere) let me have it instead of putting it on their RS4. I could not be more pleased. Louder than stock with sport engaged but never obnoxious. There is a significant HP gain with the Milltek, dyno proven and the weight reduction is significant.

I have had Milltek on two prior S4's and now the RS4 and likely will have Milltek on my R8.

Last edited by offroad911; 05-24-2007 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by oalvarez
Go, Kem, GO! order one now! if you're debating between res and non=res, resonated would most likely be similar to stock but marginally, and i mean ever so slightly, louder than stock. why do i say? my non-res+stock downpipes isn't crazy loud whatsoever, it's just tonally lower at idle with a nice growl that you can actually hear when under load. oh, and the best part? the system is so much lighter and i actually do think i can feel a power difference....it feels like i have a little more power earlier on the torque band.

be not afraid
Why did you skip the downpipes? I'd think it'd be worth from a money/install perspective to just get it all done at once. The only reason I can think of is warranty-related...

Old 05-25-2007, 06:23 AM
^and that would be one of my reasons for not having the downpipes installed. beyond that, i didn't want to spend any more $ on this part of the auto.

regards

Old 05-31-2007, 11:53 PM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
any video?

Old 06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is on a distinguished road
I drove an RS4 with a Milltek...perfection. Downpipes would make it sound REAL sick and of course-make power

Old 06-01-2007, 04:53 PM
QUIX is on a distinguished road
Soooo thinking about this setup.. How much did it run you? Where did you purchase it?

Old 06-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Stratmosphere.com why? because they were one of the first to offer the product and their customer service (probably 30 minutes in total answering all of my questions, and more importantly, their professional opinions/advice) is what earned them the business.

was on my doorstep by the end of the week. most any muffler shop can install the catbacks without a problem.

regards

Old 06-03-2007, 09:30 AM
gnot168 will become famous soon enoughgnot168 will become famous soon enough
What a sweet setup, Now what everyone been asking for video and/or sound clip please!

Old 06-03-2007, 01:39 PM
there are so many to choose from on youtube.com.....i'll try and make the time to have one shoot one of mine.

take care