Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

WTB - Inner Fender Liners for 2001 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
WTB - Inner Fender Liners for 2001 996TT

I'd trimmed inner fennder liners on my Porsche 996TT and now I am not using those tires, so I want to replace them on the rear and the left front as well, so anyone with a set, please contact me offline!

Mike

Old 07-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Scratch this, as I've found them thru a dealer new online...

Mike

Old 07-08-2007, 09:30 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
I've got a set of rears.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Oak, If they're not cut up, i"ll buy them from you... New they're about $200 for all four pieces...

Mike

Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 AM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
you can have them for shipping costs. slight rubbing on rears by the turbo hose but nothing that' is ground through.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:41 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Oak, If they're not cut up, i"ll buy them from you... New they're about $200 for all four pieces...

Mike
I got a set of rears new from Sunset for about 60$ IIRC. Heck, they were so cheap I decided to get a set of TT rears and GT2 rears. Thought the GT2 rears might be different but I cant tell, different PN though...

Old 07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
oak
no difference just a relocated hole for the shorter metal rear support arm. I replaced the support arm and liner to GT2. I did a comparo between the 2 liners and all I could see was the location in the hole. if I were to do this again all that is needed is to shorten the stock turbo support arms and twist them slightly and relocate another hole higher up.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:13 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
no difference just a relocated hole for the shorter metal rear support arm. I replaced the support arm and liner to GT2. I did a comparo between the 2 liners and all I could see was the location in the hole. if I were to do this again all that is needed is to shorten the stock turbo support arms and twist them slightly and relocate another hole higher up.
Does the shorter support arm allow better clearance? I had to hack my stock ones up pretty good and I still cant run a GT2 rear anywhere but the dragstrip...roadcourses just rub way too much.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
oak
yes it does due the rotated orientation that pulls the liner innwards and away. the arms are similar in design but other than being much shorter there slight "twist" built in the arms. I am speaking of the rear arms that mount to the IC housing.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by oak
yes it does due the rotated orientation that pulls the liner innwards and away. the arms are similar in design but other than being much shorter there slight "twist" built in the arms. I am speaking of the rear arms that mount to the IC housing.
Thanks Oak...I will check into that.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Oak, I sent you a pM with my address and Zip... Let me know how you want me to cover shipping.

Mike

Old 07-09-2007, 04:33 PM
oak
mike, are you amped to get them real quick? I'm slammed with work and won't have time to deal with shipping for a couple days.

Old 07-09-2007, 06:05 PM
Oak, Car was dropped off at the shop today, and I don't anticipate getting it back for several days/weeks.

Mike

Old 07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
oak
ok, I just got a box in today that will work. what are doing to the turbo? more mad power?

Old 07-10-2007, 05:22 AM
It's not making more than .4 Bar of boost... Kicking two codes... P1101 and P1246... It's sick and hopefully will be fixed this week...

Mike