Mileage:

Location (State):

996 Custom stereo and Sub's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:56 PM
BrotherHinkle is on a distinguished road
996 Custom stereo and Sub's

This all came out of my 996 that I no longer have. Everything was installed by Ride Revolutions in Johnson City, Tennessee, Feb 06. The same people that Hulk Hogan's son had all the work done on his yellow Supra. They are now out of business due to lack of business in the area with too large of an overhead to make it in that specific area. But their quality of work was very apparent once my car was returned to me. I had them custom build a box that I wanted both for it not to move even in the hardest of corners and not be bolted down to the car. They did what I asked. The box fits perfect. You have to shut the seat backs with a little force, but once they're locked your subs and box are staying put. The box was used for only 5 months.

In the box holds two 10" JL W3 subwoofers. The subs were purchased new in 6/04. I had them in a Tundra for 6 months and didn't use them again till 2/05.

The Amp is an Alpine V12 MRD-M605 also bought new in 2/05 and was used for only 5 months. It is a Mono 600w amp. There is a pic of a certification of the amps date made and actual power.

The speakers are Alpine SPX-107R two way componet speakers with crossovers. The speakers were custom molded into the 996 speaker grill to fit in the speaker housing the correct way.

Also there is many of the different power cords I'm throwing in. I'm not going to list the individual wires, but it is most that you need. Plus they were cut to the specifications of a 996. Wires cost upward of $200 alone. Also I have two mounts they used for the cross over and amp in the trunk.

I bought everthing brand new and have invested close to $2000 without any installation included. I am very aware of the depreciation of any aftermarket product. My asking price is $950. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:24 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
let me know if you will sell the box seperate, I have everything else, If you dont sell as a package PM and we can work something out.
Thanks and good luck

Old 09-09-2007, 08:19 PM
lilstan is on a distinguished road
i was wondering where does the box fit in the 996? How much do you want for just the box.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
The box goes behind the rear seat. Put the seat backs down and it is shaped perfect to fit snugg in the back. There is just enough room to latch the seat backs back in their origional position. As for selling the box seperate, guys give me sometime. I will considerate but I have to wait it out for a few.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
who did the box and how much did they charge? It looks really nice!

Old 09-10-2007, 01:17 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Send you a PM. I would like the box and subs. Shoot me a price.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:28 PM
Still have, will sell seperate or together. PM me any offers.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:24 AM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
if kilrgt takes the box,

how much for just the dash speakers/crossovers ?

Old 01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
I paid $500 at the time when those speakers just came out. That's before they molded them into the 996 grills. I'm asking $250. Let me know what you think.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:14 AM
DeAd-EyE is on a distinguished road
you've got a PM

Old 01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
billyc is on a distinguished road
okay,. call me stupid, but this wont work in a cab, will it?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
StrathRoy is on a distinguished road
Any of this still available?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Yes. It's all available.

Old 01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
billyc is on a distinguished road
will this work with a cabriolet? Im just trying to vision the rear box...
do you know if it will work?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:19 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
I'm not sure. I don't see how it couldn't, but I'm not too sure.

I will take updated pictures and post them up later tonight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 996 Custom stereo and Sub's