Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 12:12 PM
trottier.ed is on a distinguished road
C--Just looked at CTEK manual and it was helpful. Saw posted "pic" of a CTEK plugged into the "12V" cigar/cigarette-style socket, just forward of House Loads battery door, same as location I have. My ("2 blade") CTEK charger has a "wired in" 2-blade receiver in lower left corner of boot. My OEM CTEK 2-blade charger is plugged into it as we speak; charger showing 80%) orange light just now after 4hrs 5 mins on charge. Next is green(?) 100% light. Hope this clarifies.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:16 PM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CatmanV2
I'm going to have to read the article in the manual about the dual battery strategy because a lot of assumptions about the C-TEK and sockets make no sense at all

C
I think you'll find that VW's Self Study Programme explains a lot about the dual battery operation, including reversionary modes.
It can be found here: https://procarmanuals.com/vag-ssp-27...-power-supply/

Old 05-03-2021, 12:52 PM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dark Green
I think you'll find that VW's Self Study Programme explains a lot about the dual battery operation, including reversionary modes.
It can be found here: https://procarmanuals.com/vag-ssp-27...-power-supply/
Thanks. I know it's on the manual. I shall read on!

C

Old 05-04-2021, 12:22 PM
tteplitzmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if the "Low Battery" warning means the batteries need trickle charging or have lost the ability to be charged?

Old 05-04-2021, 04:03 PM
trottier.ed is on a distinguished road
Well, I (for one) will be anxious to learn about "reversionary modes."

Old 05-04-2021, 04:09 PM
The VW self study article is actually interesting and sort of readable.

That said, anyone know the answer to the "Low Battery" warning on the GT dash? Trickle charge or get a new battery(ies)?

Old 05-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tteplitzmd
Does anyone know if the "Low Battery" warning means the batteries need trickle charging or have lost the ability to be charged?
It means that either of the batteries are low in charge, therefore recharge it, either by trickle charge, standard charge, or battery maintenance charger.

It's not going to tell you when it's time to replace either battery.

Johnny

Old 05-04-2021, 04:24 PM
Smile Low battery warning

Thanks very much. Hopefully the car will still start and give me a chance to get to an AC outlet for the trickle charger.
A "low battery" warning is of little use if the car won't start!

Old 05-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Thanks very much. Hopefully the car will still start and give me a chance to get to an AC outlet for the trickle charger.
A "low battery" warning is of little use if the car won't start!
Most likely the car will still start, it is a warning that it is low, not dead, like if you sit in the vehicle with accessories running for to long without the engine running draining the battery, if it fails to start by normal procedure, then do the emergency start procedure, by putting the key in the ignition and turning left and hold for a few seconds, that will put both batteries in parallel allowing it to start, then turn to the right and start the engine.

Johnny

Old 05-05-2021, 01:03 PM
dying batteries

If I got repeated low battery warnings, and kept trickle charging, would I be correct in assuming this suggests the cells are dead, and I' dealing with a dead/dying battery?

Old 05-05-2021, 01:45 PM
Administrator
If I got repeated low battery warnings, and kept trickle charging, would I be correct in assuming this suggests the cells are dead, and I' dealing with a dead/dying battery?
Then yes, or you vehicle is not going to sleep, therefore draining the house battery.

Johnny