Bentley Continental GT..... - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT.....

Old 11-29-2004, 05:04 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Love the pics, hate it in real life, the car has an SUV stance!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Moogle is on a distinguished road
its terrible, go with a DB9 or a 911 TT.

Old 11-29-2004, 05:23 PM
996 GT2
I would pick the DB9 over that.

Old 11-29-2004, 05:38 PM
HotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond repute
seen about a dozen on the road, it definately looks better lowered w/ rims then stock.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:52 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
I'd like to get one for my wife, but we have three kids. Pimp ride.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:32 AM
bppump911
Personally, I don't understand cars like the Continental GT or even the new M5. I think cars like those are confused. If you want an exotic sports car, then buy an exotic sports car (911TT, Ferarri 430, etc.). If you want a comfortable touring car, why buy one that also pretends to be a sports car? Reminds me of those Volvo turbo station wagons with a rear wing - what's the point? Just my opinion.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:47 AM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo
i dont like the REAR at all. Yet its one of those cars once you drive isnt too bad Confeeeee and quick yet i would agree with that guy from that BBC TOP GEAR SHOW. Its Not A BENTLEY

Old 11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by bppump911
Personally, I don't understand cars like the Continental GT or even the new M5. I think cars like those are confused. If you want an exotic sports car, then buy an exotic sports car (911TT, Ferarri 430, etc.). If you want a comfortable touring car, why buy one that also pretends to be a sports car? Reminds me of those Volvo turbo station wagons with a rear wing - what's the point? Just my opinion.
Some people want a little luxury with speed and some want a little speed with their luxury. Some people want the fastest truck or SUV out there. Like you, we all have different tastes. Seems pretty logical to me.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:16 PM
bppump911
A "little" speed? Oh well, just my opinion. Sales of these cars show there are plenty of people who disagree with me.

Old 11-30-2004, 03:25 PM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
FUGLY ... Ford Taurus'ish

Old 11-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond reputeFabryce@GMGRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm seems the Continental Gt is getting beat up on the forum quite abit ...
I think alot of you have it confused for what it is. And its something you arent use to.
Its a Bentley although it is has many parts from its parent company VAG which the drivetrain is based on.
If you are looking for a comparison to 996 Turbo or 360 its not really fair, the car is heavy at well over 5k lbs.
No it wont go around a corner like a Gt3 no it doesnt sound like a 360 not it wont stop like a Gt2. Thats not its purpose. That isnt what a Bentley is about nor it will ever be. The car is on a completly different level.

You need to give the car a chance. Its a very fine automobile.

I can tell you this much. I have spent many hours and many miles behind the wheel of the Continental and its a wonderful road car.
I dont know of to many cars that you can do 160+ in and hold a conversation in without being drowned out by windnoise. The CGT is steady as a rock and it doesnt beat you up.

I have owned many a fast car and the current stable includes a GT2 . At first I must admit the car didnt thrill me like a ferrari or a Vanquish. But after spending some time with it. It has grown on me and has impressed me.

If you want to come by and have a closer look come by the dealership.......

Bentley Newport Beach
Fabryce Kutyba
Service Manager

Old 11-30-2004, 05:38 PM
HotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond reputeHotRodGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by bppump911

w/ that logic, what's really the point of anything, why buy a ferrari or turbo when you can buy something like a radical. Most of the people that buy these also have a sports car in the garage that'll get a nice workout, why not have the pleasure of something w/ speed for an everyday car.

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 11-30-2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 10:34 AM
bppump911
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
w/ that logic, what's really the point of anything, why buy a ferrari or turbo when you can buy something like a radical. Most of the people that buy these also have a sports car in the garage that'll get a nice workout, why not have the pleasure of something w/ speed for an everyday car.
Do you just want to make a habit of disagreeing with me? OK, you are right, my "opinion" is wrong, and the Saleen also is a terrific supercar with a great racing pedigree. Enuff already. My logic is obviously always flawed. (BTW, an opinion is just that, an opinion.)

Old 12-01-2004, 10:40 AM
collin996tt
Saw a Bentley CGT on Rodeo Drive last week. The profile is okay. A bit awkward in the rear quarters. Also saw a DB9 half a block later. Now that car will be a classic beauty and a looker for years to come.

Oh, I also saw Lionel Richie in an S55. No daughter though.

Old 12-01-2004, 10:59 AM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Originally posted by BentleyNPB
Hmmm seems the Continental Gt is getting beat up on the forum quite abit ...
I think alot of you have it confused for what it is. And its something you arent use to.
Its a Bentley although it is has many parts from its parent company VAG which the drivetrain is based on.
If you are looking for a comparison to 996 Turbo or 360 its not really fair, the car is heavy at well over 5k lbs.
No it wont go around a corner like a Gt3 no it doesnt sound like a 360 not it wont stop like a Gt2. Thats not its purpose. That isnt what a Bentley is about nor it will ever be. The car is on a completly different level.

You need to give the car a chance. Its a very fine automobile.

If you want to come by and have a closer look come by the dealership.......

Bentley Newport Beach
Fabryce Kutyba
Service Manager
Although you're biased, I have to second that. The sporty styling attracts people that would have never looked twice at a Bentley, but it remains at heart a big luxury Coupe, while some expect it to be a DB9 competitor. Kind of a styilstic mismatch, if you ask me. In that regard the old Continental was hard to beat. This being said, I'd pick a ContiGT over a CL anyday. If it's lowered a little.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT.....

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.