Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 11:07 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Just took delivery on one today. Also have the AM Vanquish. Both are completely different cars with different purposes in mind.

Old 12-31-2004, 11:30 PM
vtgts300kw will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
seen about a dozen on the road, it definately looks better lowered w/ rims then stock.
doesnt that change the charasteristics of the car turning it into a stifly sprung car instead of the floaty car that it is meant to be and what alot of people would buy the car for?

Old 01-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Banned
Ferrarislave is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by BentleyNPB
Hmmm seems the Continental Gt is getting beat up on the forum quite abit ...
I think alot of you have it confused for what it is. And its something you arent use to.
Its a Bentley although it is has many parts from its parent company VAG which the drivetrain is based on.
If you are looking for a comparison to 996 Turbo or 360 its not really fair, the car is heavy at well over 5k lbs.
No it wont go around a corner like a Gt3 no it doesnt sound like a 360 not it wont stop like a Gt2. Thats not its purpose. That isnt what a Bentley is about nor it will ever be. The car is on a completly different level.

You need to give the car a chance. Its a very fine automobile.

I can tell you this much. I have spent many hours and many miles behind the wheel of the Continental and its a wonderful road car.
I dont know of to many cars that you can do 160+ in and hold a conversation in without being drowned out by windnoise. The CGT is steady as a rock and it doesnt beat you up.

I have owned many a fast car and the current stable includes a GT2 . At first I must admit the car didnt thrill me like a ferrari or a Vanquish. But after spending some time with it. It has grown on me and has impressed me.

If you want to come by and have a closer look come by the dealership.......

Bentley Newport Beach
Fabryce Kutyba
Service Manager
Totally agree with you. I wouldnt need the space of a full size bentley and I want a luxury coupe with decent power id get the CGT, Why ? its comfortable, luxurious, stylish (opinion). I would also have a Ferrari F430 in the garage and a Murcialago and a Range Rover Westminister. As was said its a very fine car, All the design bashing is just personal preference.

I also think its much more refined and luxurious then a Ferrari 612 or Aston Martin DB9. Its in a different class it's closest competitor would be the Mercedes CL55/600/65.

Last edited by Ferrarislave; 01-01-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:44 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by collin996tt
Saw a Bentley CGT on Rodeo Drive last week.
why didn't u stop by to say hi since u're 10 mins away collin

Old 01-01-2005, 02:37 AM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by 20C4S
why didn't u stop by to say hi since u're 10 mins away collin
I did stop by but it was late and the shop was closed. Oh well. Next time.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by cjv
Just took delivery on one today. Also have the AM Vanquish. Both are completely different cars with different purposes in mind.
Impressions on the Vanquish Chad? That car is beautiful.

Last edited by cjv; 01-01-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
The CGT is a pretty decent car, We have deliverd a few and I cant say that I was too impressed with it in the beginning , However having spent some time in it , The car has grown on me..

If your looking for the ride, handling and feel of a 996turbo or ferrari , Keep looking If you want a comfortable, fast , car you can drive everyday/// Its a great choice.. You try sitting on the 405 in a 996turbo a 4 o'clock grid lock and you will quickly appreciate the Continental.

A Bentley is different ,comparing it to anything else is like comparing it from apples and oranges.

Spend some time in one and you will appreciate it.

If your in the area I invite you to stop by and take a look at one.

Bentley Newport Beach
Fabryce Kutyba

Old 01-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Andrew708
i have the car and i love it!! it does not compare to a tt,and you guys should not even try to compare the two!!

Old 01-01-2005, 05:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Impressions on the Vanquish Chad? That car is beautiful.
Robert,

It is a touring car with style. The best part abou it is the sound of the motor when you push the starter button.

If you want I would be happy to show it to you.

Old 01-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
My friend in Chicago has a Continental gt.. he loves it. he is a car collector... so he doesnt get impressed with new bells and whistles... but he likes the car.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-01-2005, 11:54 PM
collin996tt is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by cjv
Robert,

It is a touring car with style. The best part abou it is the sound of the motor when you push the starter button.

If you want I would be happy to show it to you.
Chad, can you do a group showing.

Old 01-02-2005, 12:01 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Saw Andrew's (Detailer708) GT the other day when he came up to visit and liked the car better than I thought. I really never liked the car (and still hate the rear) but it was overall pretty nice. He was supposed to take me for a ride, but didn't end up coming up today so my driving impressions will have to wait... WHERE ARE YOU BIATCH??
Evan

Old 01-02-2005, 02:23 PM
JayM is on a distinguished road
Chad, your CGT might have been mine!

I was on the list at Silicon Valley, but when my name came up to pick colors and options this summer (for late-December/early January delivery) I backed out. There are certainly some things about it that I like, but the ride height and the view from the back are not among them. And for that money, I decided I had to love it, not just like it.

One of my freinds who was a month behind me made the same choice.

Old 01-02-2005, 03:21 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Continental GT shames the Bentley name.

Interior is substandard compared to its peers, the rear looks like it was designed in Korea, and the car is slow. So slow that when I drag raced one with my M5, I pulled lengths on him by the time we got to 100. I asked the guy, "You call that 550hp???"

Sorry, but I expect a $150,000 sports GT with a twin turbo V12 to annhilate a 400hp V8 sedan.

Overall, a car I would never buy, and don't really see the point of anyone but a rapper or pro athlete to own for the "bling" factor. This is hardly what I would call a real Bentley. To me, an Arnage or Continental or Azure is a Bentley, this is not.

But, to each his own, there is no accounting for taste sometimes.

Last edited by Hamann7; 01-02-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 03:53 PM
cjv
Originally posted by JayM
Chad, your CGT might have been mine!

I was on the list at Silicon Valley, but when my name came up to pick colors and options this summer (for late-December/early January delivery) I backed out. There are certainly some things about it that I like, but the ride height and the view from the back are not among them. And for that money, I decided I had to love it, not just like it.

One of my freinds who was a month behind me made the same choice.
Jay,

What a small world. I had one on order with them. It was not to come in until later this month, then this one came in and it was exactly the way I ordered my original one ....... so I took it.

I am tempted to make an offer on the yellow car they have in there now.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT.....