Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Mach2 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Bentley Continental GT.....

I know there is a Bentley specific section but it seems to be dead so I'll post this here. In addition, I know this is not 996Turbo/GT2 related, but I figure most members in here have a fine taste in automobiles.

Anyway...
Does anyone own or plan on getting a new Continental GT? What are your impressions? Reason I ask is I'm contemplating getting one and I'd like to hear from those who already have one. I was at my local Bentley dealer today and they have 2 in their showroom. Both are being marked up $5K. I spent quite a bit of time with the salesman, but unfortunately I was unable to test drive one. I must say the rear seat room is less than what I had expected. Otherwise, the car is simply stunning. Any input is appreciated!

Old 11-28-2004, 06:23 PM
The Cuban
Jpcuban is infamous around these partsJpcuban is infamous around these parts
nobody here... sorry...

Old 11-28-2004, 06:28 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
drove one, unimpressed.

i think it's ugly and they're already a dime a dozen out here. go with a DB9

Old 11-28-2004, 07:42 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
You mean the Chrysler 300 C Hemi look alike?? The one with the VW interior. Ummmmm No!

Old 11-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Silver996TT is on a distinguished road
I agree!
Go with a DB9!

Old 11-29-2004, 01:09 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
How about an AMG CL65?

Old 11-29-2004, 01:39 AM
Fanman is on a distinguished road
Got really poor reviews when Car & Driver ran it against the Aston DB9, MBZ CL 600, & Ferrari 612. Said it was overweight & pnderous. I was parked near the "Closer" premiere in Westwood this past monday and 2 of them parked next to me. I was like "Damn !" Looks very nice inside, but the exterior doesn't do much for me. Evo has pumped one up to 550 whp. If I had that kind've money definitely the DB9, or 911 Turbo S.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:45 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
My dad ordered one - then cancelled and is now waiting for an 05 AM DB9 Volante

Old 11-29-2004, 06:27 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Drove one - completely underwhelmed

big ponderous and though it's fast, its a completely isolated speed -sort of like flying in a passenger airliner. IMO, it's a rich posers car.

Old 11-29-2004, 06:58 AM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Only seen one on the road. Drove right past it, it is almost invisable. Had to look back and confirm what I had seen. Not too impressed, but I have never driven or seen one close up.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Banned
Chordate is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a POS... Cheap plastic grill, front and rear side fenders are cheep plastic polted onto the frame, almost a cheep as the plastic used on the Vette. The engine and platform is from a Pheaton, the AWD system is from Audi, and the interior shares a few parts with the Toureg.

Old 11-29-2004, 08:05 AM
RufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really niceRufMD is just really nice
interior is very bland

Old 11-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Banned
renntech36 will become famous soon enoughrenntech36 will become famous soon enough
got one coming on Thursday, stay tuned

Old 11-29-2004, 01:27 PM
donnyj is on a distinguished road
B continental

A couple of my friends have these cars. My impressions:

The cars look very impressive the style and panache of the traditional Bently being imposed on the sporting continental GT. I particularly like the front grill. The car is like a reverse Tardis (for those who can remember Dr Who) in that they appear huge on the outside but small on the inside, nice leather ...toys etc a fine looking cabin excellent from a drivers /front passengers point of view.

The car is NOT A 4 SEATER, it is a 2 + 2 ....the rear seats are ok for small people and kids but no good for 5 foot 8 upwards ....there is little head room and not alot of leg room. Bently have ****ed up here the car should have been one or the other instead of being in no mans land.

Both my friends have had irritating little problems that have required Bentlys assistance Exaust silencer not working properly on one , MPH out compared to gps speedometer, trim both leather and wood not finished properly..this on a Bently is unexcusable ..ok mechanical itty bitty things, it's a new model and to be expected, but trim problems on a £100.000+ car?

Ride is very good softer than a sports car very relaxing and most importantly THE CAR IS VERY QUICK faster than a carrera2 ... brakes also very good.

These cars have a stylish opulance, are really cool but the rear seats are not proper seats they should have made it a proper 4 seater and only gets 7 out of 10 instead of 8.5 because of this error.

DonnyJ

TTX50

Old 11-29-2004, 04:12 PM
SilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud ofSilverTTCab has much to be proud of
saw one driving by, thought it was that chrysler.
saw another at lucent and asked if i could sit inside to check it out... plush interior, small back seats, nice leather.... nothing spectacular however.....

db9> bentley imo

or even the ferrari 4 seater!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT.....