Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Andrew708
evan..i forgot to come by..i will be down again fron jan 21-29th ..please email me so i can come up to visit you and your dad!!!evan.you can drive the car when i come up....i am sure you will love it!!!!!

Old 01-02-2005, 08:36 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Andrew708
evan..i forgot to come by..i will be down again fron jan 21-29th ..please email me so i can come up to visit you and your dad!!!evan.you can drive the car when i come up....i am sure you will love it!!!!!
HAHA its all good Andrew, I was sick all day anyway
For sure give me a call when you are down again!!
Evan

Old 01-04-2005, 05:28 AM
Banned
sticky is on a distinguished road
It's a beautiful car in person althogh the rear is the only thing I would slightly change. It has a great ride and is very plush, the way it should be.

For those who think the measure of a car is how fast it goes in a straight line, that is sad. I guarantee the buyers couldn't give a rats *** if an m5 beats them or even a ford taurus. They are buying a name and an image, not a sports car. The buyers know this, they are not trying to get some 550 hp rocket.

The 550 hp rating is misleading given the performance, but if it was rated at 450 it would still sell the same.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:35 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hamann7
[B]Continental GT shames the Bentley name.

Interior is substandard compared to its peers, the rear looks like it was designed in Korea, and the car is slow. So slow that when I drag raced one with my M5, I pulled lengths on him by the time we got to 100. I asked the guy, "You call that 550hp???"

Sorry, but I expect a $150,000 sports GT with a twin turbo V12 to annhilate a 400hp V8 sedan.

Oh contrare ..................... It highly doubt that a stock M5 is quicker than a Continental GT.. Having owned one( E39 M5) and been involved with professional racing of the BMW brand for about a decade . I would say that its highly possible that the gent in the GT wasnt trying...........

All things being equal I think its safe to say that a Continental GT will walk on a E39 M5 any day of the week.

But then again.................

Old 01-05-2005, 06:28 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
The Bentley GT is as much of a single purpose car as the GT3 RS is for the track, except this cars purpose is to get you from your house to the country club to play golf on saturdays. And it does it very well!

Old 08-07-2006, 02:02 AM
SoBeSean is on a distinguished road
Defense Of The Gt

I get the inpression that the people that have given negative reviews on this car are expecting the car to be something that it isn't... a sports car. Its a GT, i.e. Grand Touring... If you want a high performance car, for the money, there are better cars - possibly even the DB9. If you want a daily driver, there is no comparision. The fit and finish is light years beyond anything out of Germany (even though its parent company is German), the ride is spectacular and it's very quiet on the road (unless you tap the W12 - then you hear some music).

I also own a 996TT w/ all the mods, so I wasn't looking for a hybrid sports car (like the DB9) - I wanted a big beast - and that's what the GT is. I have had no problems with my 05 CGT Mulliner.

If you're considering one, remember, it corners like sh*t, is heavy, and the back seats are for short trips only... but, it hauls a*s for it's size, tops out around 200mph, and for cruising around, it's the nuts.

Just my opinion... but I wouldn't trade for a DB... ever.

One more thing, if you buy new, the dealers will overcharge you with their "add on" - you can pick up a really clean 05 or 06 with LOW miles for tens of thousands less than the dealers want for a new one.