Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Is there a secret on how to get rid of this TPMS malfunction light??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-24-2021, 03:18 PM
Registered PM
Omercop2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tpms

Went into number 19 on the scan tool and retype the 0000006 number again but nothing. No change tire warning light still there.the light came back after i replaced both batteries.dont know if i have to go into the number 7 canbus and change a code there to something like adding a 1 third diget from the right that i read in another form.or maybe sticking the fuse back in and out trying to go back into the 19 again and doing the 0000006 again

Old 02-24-2021, 03:20 PM
Registered PM
Tpms

Oh yea when i bought the 2005 bentley gt some one already did that processe.but when i changed out both batteries dont know why it came back

Old 02-24-2021, 07:09 PM
H-M3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Omercop2
Oh yea when i bought the 2005 bentley gt some one already did that processe.but when i changed out both batteries dont know why it came back
did you change the actual TPMS?

Old 02-24-2021, 08:15 PM
Registered PM
No when i bought the o5 bentley gt it had aftermarket rims and the fuse was missing from the rear so i knew they had done that procedure.but when i changed both batteries the light came back on .so i tried the recoding 0000006 but it dint work .wondering if i should put the fuse back in and back out and try the procedure

Old 02-24-2021, 11:31 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Omercop2
No when i bought the o5 bentley gt it had aftermarket rims and the fuse was missing from the rear so i knew they had done that procedure.but when i changed both batteries the light came back on .so i tried the recoding 0000006 but it dint work .wondering if i should put the fuse back in and back out and try the procedure
Yes put the fuse back and re do the whole process.
Changing the batt , ie disconnecting it , is the equivalent of a hard reset of the TPMS ECU .
You have to re fool it once more .

Old 03-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Registered PM
Tpms

Originally Posted by John Fiammetta
Yes put the fuse back and re do the whole process.
Changing the batt , ie disconnecting it , is the equivalent of a hard reset of the TPMS ECU .
You have to re fool it once more .
yep it worked i had to refool the sensor again after replacing both batteries.put the fuse in ran the car shut it off pulled the fuse and reset the code again worked right away.thanks

Old 07-13-2021, 08:11 AM
Big Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Series 2 Continental GT (2012) TPMS "bUG"

Hi folks, I appear to have found a really odd TPMS "Bug". The symptoms were as follows - one day it works, next day it works intermittently, the next day it doesnt work at all, next day - working - repeat, mix, repeat. Killer annoying.

I tried everything - trust me. Even tried a replacement (loaner TPMS ECU from the same year car) no improvement.

THEN

looking into ANOTHER media-orientated bug - ie. the radio cuts out and "Bluetooth Audio" is shown on the media screen (very annoying) happens intermittent/frequently - I disabled the media option "Bluetooth Auto-play" - and that fixed both the media bug, no more radio cutout and instantly the TPMS came back to life and reported all 4 tire pressures correctly and the error light on the dash went off!!! Much joy!

I have put everything back to as it was and the "fault" comes back again - and then disabled the setting and voila, all good again! So, for whatever reason, I am satisfied that I have found the "cause" of the TPMS error. Bluetooth should not (at 2.45 Ghz) interfeer with US TPMS at 3.15 or UK TPMS at 4.33 - BUT - somehow the two are linked OR its just a bug in the Bentley head unit s/w (which I'm more inclined to believe). I hope this may help some owners struggling to fix this pesky TPMS issue.

In closing, I have checked with another Series 2 owner 2011, and this fixed his TPMS error that has plagued him for years.....

Old 07-13-2021, 11:55 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
I'd be going with a FW bug as well! Well done!
C

Old 07-14-2021, 09:05 AM
Big Blue is an unknown quantity at this point
Whatever it is - its an odd one.

Old 10-02-2021, 07:57 AM
robbie66 is an unknown quantity at this point
How did you do it

Originally Posted by djjoonie
After a long research, I finally figured it out.
PM me if anyone needs to disable the TPMS system and to get rid of the light on the dash!
How did you do it