Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Info for new member please

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 AM
trance1 is on a distinguished road
Cool Info for new member please

Hi, I have just bought a late 06 mulliner (I pick it up next week) Looking on here I believe my iphone wont be compatible but there is a dealer upgrade, Could anyone tell me what the dealer upgrade is? New parts? sofware? Thank you.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Dealer upgrade replaces the Bluetooth module in the trunk and they need Vag Com to reprogram a few entries on the car's computer. Called the dealer this past week about it and the cost is around $2000 (!) + labor. As i recall, you can get the new VW/Audi modules on eBay for about $500 or so. If you do the factory upgrade, i'd very much appreciate you getting the numbers off the now (old) stock Bluetooth box and the numbers off the new box they use as i want to DIY the Bluetooth upgrade as $2000 seems very high considering the $2000 Bentley part is probably the same as the $500 unit on eBay.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi Steven,

Thank you for the reply, That seems a lot of money from the dealer just to get my phone to connect to the bluetooth, I am not 100% certain that it has not already had the upgrade so I will keep my fingers crossed that it has.

I can't see anything on ebay regarding a phone module?

Once again thanks for your input.

Regards Sean

Old 10-05-2011, 01:56 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
While the price may be ok for most people, to tekkies such as myself it seems obviously far too high a price for the actual hardware and simple Vag Com changes. Various boxes are on eBay, the trick is getting the right Bluetooth box and then easily using Vog Com to make a few changes to the car's computer system.

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=vw+ bluetooth&_sacat=See-All-Categories

PS: i may just find a source for the Phaeton upgrade from a VW dealer, as it is no secret the core of the Bentley is a VW Phaeton.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-08-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:07 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Lets go Steve! Im with you man! I ahte that this car is so anceint with the tech!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 AM
F430Spider,

Thanks and if ANYONE knows the stock Bluetooth box number please post it here. Then a cross-reference can be made.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Well I got the car last week and I like it! Iphone wont connect though

I still cant believe that an 140k + car has a ****e bluetooth system!

And it looks like I have the DOOMED rear level brake light fault (intermittent)... Is there a fix without taking the rear window out at bentley dealer? If so I'm near manchester uk

Thank you

Ps, car photos to follow this weekend

Old 10-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by trance1
Well I got the car last week and I like it! Iphone wont connect though I still cant believe that an 140k + car has a ****e bluetooth system!
Agreed. So if you get it upgraded ASK FOR THE NUMBERS on the stock box and the new replacement box to help us find a workaround. ALL help is ALWAYS appreciated.

And it looks like I have the DOOMED rear level brake light fault (intermittent)... Is there a fix without taking the rear window out at bentley dealer? If so I'm near manchester uk
Rear window DOES NOT need to come out. Have seen them replace mine and they do it by popping out the light assembly and replacing it. Rear window stays in place.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:47 PM
F430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really niceF430Spider is just really nice
Where is the stock bluetooth box located? Ill have one someone pop out the radio or whatever to get it

Old 10-22-2011, 06:58 AM
In the trunk, at the rear/top is a 'shelf' that holds a lot of the electronics.

Allow shelf to drop down to reveal parcel shelf control modules.

Remove screws (see pdf)

Am sure you can see which module is the VW Cell Phone one. Hope this helps.

FYI: You can use the Bentley Assist to find this and MUCH MORE info, just make sure you have your Active X set correctly on your browser to view the graphics.

SETUP ACTIVE X
http://www.bentleytechinfo.com/BY001...ST_%20inst.pdf

MAIN INFO
www.bentleytechinfo.com/BY00175_BSI_Web/BY00175_ClassicASP/web_assist_v1/default.asp

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2.pdf (35.2 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-22-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Free to use

Old 11-18-2011, 05:17 AM
Clean Livin is on a distinguished road
I just purchased a 2007 GTC with 21K miles on it last Friday night. Beautiful car that is outstanding in every way.

Part of the price was dealer included the 4 year service. During the service I asked about updating firmware for my Iphone 4S and learned the same fate - $2,000 for the part plus labor!!

Amazed that is the best Bentley was able to do.

I'm curious what solution you found to resolve the same issue, or did you just decided to not use the Hands Free feature and forget the upgrade.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Decided to wait it out in hopes Dice Electronics comes out with an iPod PLUS Bluetooth device.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
i have this installed in my gt and couldn't more than happy...simple, easy, and clear...only con is that is replaces the cig lighter in the front...which i rarely use...i'll have my phone charger plugged in the back and carries thru the armrest with no problem

http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/Merc...t_Code=CigBlue