Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Battery charger question Ctek 7002

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
Battery charger question Ctek 7002

Just ordered the Ctek 7002 after reading several posts. The question is my car is stating "low battery, start car" and various dash lights are going off, will the Ctek 7002 bring it back to full charge or do I need to take it to the shop to have a full charge and then use the Ctek to just maintain the full charge? Thanks, just determining if I need to make an appointment for a battery charge or if the Ctek will take care of it. PS those who charge the car via the trunk cig lighter, does it get hot and is it safe?

Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
The Ctek will bring it back to full charge and maintain it.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I recently put mine on a charger. My 07 came with a factory model and had never been used. I have plugged it into the trunk outlet on the left and did not even bother to check not for heat/saftey????? I just assumed since the plug was there for that purpose it was safe.

I doubt batteries last for ever and it it possible that some will not take or keep a charge, hope your is not one of those.

Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
gliozzi is on a distinguished road
Left batt

I also let the car sit for a week or so without driving it. the batt. read 8.27 volts at the time it read start your car. It took 3 days to get it back up to 12.57 at 9 amps of charge. Rumor's, slow charge is easier on the batt. and when the car it gets back in its stall the batt. maintenance device is plugged in.

Bentley in San Fran. wants 347$ for a oil change, that they said it would take 1 1/2 hrs.
Symbolic Motors in San Diego wants 435$.

My local V W dealer quoted 168$.

All the prices reflect all labor and parts and fluids.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:01 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the input, awaiting Fedex to deliver my Ctek and then it goes on. I appreciate the help.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:28 AM
carlcline is on a distinguished road
CTEK battery maintainer

I have a 2008 Bentley Continental GT. VW AGM batteries. I just bought a Ctek 7002 maintainer. I had a problem with a low battery, I guess, causing the seat memory to be erased. I reinitialized the system and now all if fine. I have been keeping the maintainer hooked up when I'm home but now have begun to wonder if I might be overcharging the batteries????

Comments anyone?

Old 08-30-2014, 09:25 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Can't overcharge if the unit and hookup and fine. Mine stays on a Ctek charger all the time when not driving. After two Bentley cars and 4 years have never had a problem.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-30-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:14 AM
carlcline is on a distinguished road
CTEK battery maintainer

Steven,

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was safe re not being able to overcharge with the CTEK 7002. I think it assesses the battery condition and goes into a very slow maintaining mode when the battery is fully charged.

Carl