Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Fabspeed Installed!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djjoonie
"If its too loud you're too old!" I read it somewhere lol
Yup, i probably said it a kabillion times. Funny, JUST finished drumming for 90 minutes so you wanna talk about LOUD!!! Wear custom IEMs that reduce the drum sound by about 26dB thank goodness.

Well, suprise surprise i am getting older (and my girlfriends getting younger!...relatively speaking).

Ok, seriously, use the CGT as a daily drive 24/7/365 sun/rain/snow and happily take her on 5+ hour drives. Prefer to arrive fresh at a location versus feeling 'beaten up' from the car's endless burbling.

Besides, the ladies seem to hate loud cars, and you know we are all about the ladies

Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 PM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Besides, the ladies seem to hate loud cars, and you know we are all about the ladies
I will shut up now

Old 09-28-2012, 03:06 PM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
Steven, did you get the lowering links we talked about while ago?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:20 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
djjoonie, never got around to it as due to the hills, high snow and dare i say a touch of off-roading, felt keeping stock height was fine. They seem really easy to install. Before others ask, off-roading is more very large fields. You know, scenic New England, car in a picturesque field by a shade tree, picnic basket and your gal.... So lowering her made no real sense plus she does lower further when going at brisk highway speed

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:51 PM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Definitely get the ECU upgrade and those pipes. With the stock muffler they actually sound really clean. I just needed a few more decibels, hence a sports muffler. A straight pipe I have heard before on an SS and it ROARS! but it was kinda not civilize for Miss B. Might just have my friend build a straight to delete the exhaust just to hear it again.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:56 PM
djjoonie, never got around to it as due to the hills, high snow and dare i say a touch of off-roading, felt keeping stock height was fine. They seem really easy to install. Before others ask, off-roading is more very large fields. You know, scenic New England, car in a picturesque field by a shade tree, picnic basket and your gal.... So lowering her made no real sense plus she does lower further when going at brisk highway speed
I have a lowering module and lowered on 22s for just cruising slow on nice roads. I ride her on high when I want to get somewhere without worrying. But everytime I hit 80mph, she lowers herself back to normal mode, which is when I get paranoid. The tires are only an inch away from my fenders.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Not too sure if anyone has mention bhp gains from the fabspeed but my mech says instant 20bhp no problem.

I think fabspeed are still the only company to make this exhaust for the GT.

J

Old 09-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Seems like you made a right choice not going for the links.

Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Definitely get the ECU upgrade and those pipes. With the stock muffler they actually sound really clean. I just needed a few more decibels, hence a sports muffler. A straight pipe I have heard before on an SS and it ROARS! but it was kinda not civilize for Miss B. Might just have my friend build a straight to delete the exhaust just to hear it again.
When you do build those straight pipes, please make one more set for me!

Originally Posted by jc_333
Not too sure if anyone has mention bhp gains from the fabspeed but my mech says instant 20bhp no problem.

I think fabspeed are still the only company to make this exhaust for the GT.

J
By looking at the dyno graph from fabspeed it increases 45hp and 22 tq on the wheels. it seems pretty legit since I really do feel it.

Last edited by djjoonie; 09-29-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Fabspeed is the only company that has the pipes from "downpipes to where it meets with the muffler. You will always feel instant gains when you delete everything and run it straight. That's a given. I have their pipes on mine. They were nicely built, I might put some Quicksilver mufflers on to hear a meatier sound. I wanted Capristo, but they wouldn't give me a sweet deal. Then again, I might just let my friend build a pipe or muffler for me. Decisions, decisions. Most definitely DJoonie. I will have my boy build us a set of straights if they Quicksilver boys don't send out my mufflers by the end of next week.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 09-29-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Fabspeed is the only company that has the pipes from "downpipes to where it meets with the muffler. You will always feel instant gains when you delete everything and run it straight. That's a given. I have their pipes on mine. They were nicely built, I might put some Quicksilver mufflers on to hear a meatier sound. I wanted Capristo, but they wouldn't give me a sweet deal. Then again, I might just let my friend build a pipe or muffler for me. Decisions, decisions. Most definitely DJoonie. I will have my boy build us a set of straights if they Quicksilver boys don't send out my mufflers by the end of next week.
Thanks! Please have your boys make those straights even if you do get your quicksilvers fast!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Two questions regarding the Fabspeed.

1) Notice OE section before cat has damper fittings whereas fabspeed doesn't. Any issues with vibration or reason why they were not included with the fabspeed?

2) once install does one still expect car to pass emission tests as OE cats are still present?

Thanks
J

Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Steven have no fear of getting the tunes and bypass pipes it does NOT sound loud. Actually my wife said she thought it was more quiet. In theory that can't be true but it is not loud and barely different in my opinion.

You are not to old for the nice seat of the pants feeling that the car gives when you want to play a tad or just sneak away at the stop light.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by jc_333
Two questions regarding the Fabspeed.

1) Notice OE section before cat has damper fittings whereas fabspeed doesn't. Any issues with vibration or reason why they were not included with the fabspeed?

2) once install does one still expect car to pass emission tests as OE cats are still present?

Thanks
J
I have been driving over a thousand miles since I installed those pipes. As soon as I get her on a lift. I can inspect those points. If your OE cats are deleted, then you will not pass inspection here in CA. Just pass the inspection with the OEMs on and then do what you have to do afterwards.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 10-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I have been driving over a thousand miles since I installed those pipes. As soon as I get her on a lift. I can inspect those points. If your OE cats are deleted, then you will not pass inspection here in CA. Just pass the inspection with the OEMs on and then do what you have to do afterwards.
I was under the impression that the car has two sets of cats a primary and a secondary. The Fabspeed system preserves the primary one only deleting the secondary. Will it still fail the emissions test is Ca.?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I was under the impression that the car has two sets of cats a primary and a secondary. The Fabspeed system preserves the primary one only deleting the secondary. Will it still fail the emissions test is Ca.?
I can't speak for anyone else. But mine failed. Had to installed the stock back on for emissions test.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Installed!