Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Fabspeed Installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
I can't speak for anyone else. But mine failed. Had to installed the stock back on for emissions test.
Were your primary cats still on above the down tube?

Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Were your primary cats still on above the down tube?
When I installed them I didn't see any primary cats above the downpipes. I didn't even know there were another set above the downpipes. I think I remember seeing the o2 sensor. My vehicle just left the dealership and they repaired anything that was wrong with the vehicle. Believe me Doc, it was a lot after the bad tuning. But now my engine lights turned on and it reads bad O2 sensors on bank 1 an 2. What the heck? I barely drove the thing about 1500 over the period of 4 months.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I got my information from the Fabspeed video but I could have misunderstood it. The issue with my late build 07 is that it has the down tubes of the 08 in which the primaries cats are part of the down tube. I think the older ones have the primaries above the down tube so there is no problem with the straight 2 3/4 inch tube that leads to the long horizontal pipes which include the secondary cats. David at Fabspeed is working on a down tube for my car that does incorporate a high flow catalytic convertor.

I will check my facts since you called me ignorant. Don't worry you are not the first and you might even be correct. Love ya.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 10-01-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 AM
I got my information from the Fabspeed video but I could have misunderstood it. The issue with my late build 07 is that it has the down tubes of the 08 in which the primaries cats are part of the down tube. I think the older ones have the primaries above the down tube so there is no problem with the straight 3 inch tube that leads to the long horizontal pipes which include the secondary cats. David at Fabspeed is working on a down tube for my car that does incorporate a high flow catalytic convertor.

I will check my facts since you called me ignorant. Don't worry you are not the first and you might even be correct. Love ya.
This is interesting since we both are on this exhaust set up. I didn't know that the GTCs have there cats on the down tubes. The older GTs have the cats below the down tubes. Got a question for you Doc, when did they switch the GTs tranny over for the faster shifting tranny?(model year.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:45 AM
See if this works and is helpful.

I think it was with the 2012 but can't quote me there. He said emissions compliant didn't he?

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 10-01-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
See if this works and is helpful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztcDrnnBKtY

I think it was with the 2012 but can't quote me there. He said emissions compliant didn't he?
I thought I heard him too. I did not know that the main Cat was literally on top. My motor boys from Texas delete everything! So you Texas boys are nuts like Grwisher. This is going to be so fun Doc. We got. The GT3 for Lemans. So much good things will come about for Miss B and on the local tracks. I am happy. plus, I have exhaust guys that will do what ever I want them to do. I actually and always like Fabspeed for some weird reason. They do hav e decent American made exhaust systems Doc. I hav e seen them on Porches and they function.
Pop

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 10-01-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Just heard my littlle black dragon on straight pipes. Guys, it's loud! Like I think I am getting too old kinda loud. Like exotic but loud as Hell! Great for the track maybe. I am having my exhaust guys building a sports muffler for her. We will hear how she sounds on Thursday.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Just heard my littlle black dragon on straight pipes. Guys, it's loud! Like I think I am getting too old kinda loud. Like exotic but loud as Hell! Great for the track maybe. I am having my exhaust guys building a sports muffler for her. We will hear how she sounds on Thursday.
Man if it's to loud for you I am sure it is for me. Wish you could send us a video sound clip of the straight then then after the sports muffler.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Man if it's to loud for you I am sure it is for me. Wish you could send us a video sound clip of the straight then then after the sports muffler.
Doc, loud as in can't hear my stereo loud. It's not rice rockety sounding because of the W12 twin turbos. It sounds really heavy. Not gentleman like. For the track, it's on. She sounds nuts! For the streets, you have to be a brave soul. Actually I do have a video sound clip. My friend will have to send it to me.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:55 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
LOL... what you are saying reminds me of the Ferrari with custom exhaust and 'Cherry Bombs'. Awesome sound on the track, absolutely horrible on the roadways, especially during 30+ minute drives on the highway. Also, no matter how slow you go, the sound make things seem fast and so other drivers might call the cops on you (seriously, happened to me twice). The Bentley's wolf-in-sheep's-clothing approach allows you to enjoy driving without the worry of others taking too much notice to your velocity. JMHO.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
LOL... what you are saying reminds me of the Ferrari with custom exhaust and 'Cherry Bombs'. Awesome sound on the track, absolutely horrible on the roadways, especially during 30+ minute drives on the highway. Also, no matter how slow you go, the sound make things seem fast and so other drivers might call the cops on you (seriously, happened to me twice). The Bentley's wolf-in-sheep's-clothing approach allows you to enjoy driving without the worry of others taking too much notice to your velocity. JMHO.
Exactly. Loud as in you can't drive around worthy residential neighborhoods without the cops paying you a visit.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
I want to hear the clip. I'd like to have a three position switch to go from race to sport to race intimidator.

Steven your right the way I drive I do not need to call more attention to myself. BUT At times i'd love to hear a an awful wail echoing up the canyon walls.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 10-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 PM
djjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nicedjjoonie is just really nice
BUT At times i'd love to hear a an awful wail echoing up the canyon walls.
Exactly!!

Doc, loud as in can't hear my stereo loud. It's not rice rockety sounding because of the W12 twin turbos. It sounds really heavy. Not gentleman like. For the track, it's on. She sounds nuts! For the streets, you have to be a brave soul. Actually I do have a video sound clip. My friend will have to send it to me.
I can't wait to hear them wedgduck! Do they sound similar like the w12 a8 with straights which I posted earlier?

Last edited by djjoonie; 10-10-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Punch up Effren built Bentlley on you tube. That is the straight pipe sound. Djjoonie you are a brave man she sounds better than the r8

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 10-10-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I can't wait to hear them wedgduck! Do they sound similar like the w12 a8 with straights which I posted earlier?[/QUOTE]

That was one ultra bad a-- A8

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Installed!