Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Took my Flying Spur out in the snow today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Douyon is on a distinguished road
Took my Flying Spur out in the snow today

What a well behaved machine in the snow. I was completely impressed with this car in the snow. It does not stop any better or worse than any other vehicle in snow, ice and 20 degree weather, which I expected. However as far as driveability the car is awesome. Turning corners I noticed many cars sliding out in the turn. When the FS detected this type of slide, it corrected immediately and elegantly.
You are not superman in this car, you do have to practice safe driving habits in blizzard like conditions with accumulated snow. I gave my self plenty of distance between me and the car in front, and kept a eye out for the less skillful drivers rushing to crash.

All in all, this car handled great at speeds no higher than 25 maybe 30mph at times. I was more stressed out about the idiots in the SUV's who think they have superior stopping power hitting me. Other than that it is a great car in the snow.

This car seems to do everything really well, and with complete style, class and elegance.

I am all smiles.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
100% agree.

Old 01-21-2014, 04:16 PM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
I agree great car in the dry, wet or snow.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:14 PM
gurdas is on a distinguished road
Not yet experienced mine in the snow, so will be looking forward to it, however my concern is not the cars ability during such weather but the ability of otherwise to avoid hitting my car!

Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
I can't wait to get mine out in the snow!!! Oh....uh.....ugh...I forgot that I live in south Louisiana. Hmmmm.....I wonder if I can get a lift kit and swamp tires on the gal; now that would be something to see.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by robinardoin
I can't wait to get mine out in the snow!!! Oh....uh.....ugh...I forgot that I live in south Louisiana. Hmmmm.....I wonder if I can get a lift kit and swamp tires on the gal; now that would be something to see.
I have been superseded in the "I'm the Ultimate Redneck" category.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:54 AM
robinardoin has a spectacular aura aboutrobinardoin has a spectacular aura about
(burp) Hey...hold my beer...WATCH THIS!!!

Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Well shiver me timbers....the NWS is calling for wintry mix (rain/sleet/ice) for my area Thurday pm/ Friday am. Go figure. I might get a chance to contribute something useful to the thread.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:48 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Not quite corrected spelling is WATCH ISS. The th sound is silent. I might have to take back the title. One which is not coveted much on this site.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Awww Mel...you know the posters on this site are all posers. They like to dress up their posts and pretend to be erudite and wealthy when in reality they live in a trailer park and their friends call them Bubba!

Oh...and you may have the title for today...unless someone else strolls up the Wal-Mart cashier with their two cents!