Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Head Unit issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:10 AM
50redlands is on a distinguished road
Head Unit issue

Hello everyone, my 1st post, and its a problem.

my head unit is constantly cycling on and off, like its trying to reset, its done this before once or twice, so I pressed reset, and all was well.

now it its doing it all the time, even when the car is turned off, any ideas ?

flying spur 2006.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Nigel647 is on a distinguished road
My 05 is having the same issue

Old 06-30-2014, 02:46 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Any errors from a computer diagnostic?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by PMS
Any errors from a computer diagnostic?
well they called today, head units needs replace, nav unit needs to be replaced, and something on the gear select. $6680.00, i have 15 days warranty from bentley, all is covered, but i think my time with my bentley is coming to end, in the one year i have owned its had over 20k in warranty, it was the best 3k i ever spent.

but now its running out, i do not feel comfortable, so i think she will have to go, its only has 33k miles on a 06.

Last edited by 50redlands; 07-01-2014 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:14 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
That's scary news! As you say, the warranty was a great investment. What else has failed in the year you have owned the FS?

Old 07-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by PMS
That's scary news! As you say, the warranty was a great investment. What else has failed in the year you have owned the FS?

there was a vacuum hose that needed the engine to be removed, the A/C motors failed, nav unit replaced again, this repair was over 14k according to my service advisor, that was less than a year ago, no issues until now.

Old 07-01-2014, 09:58 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 50redlands
there was a vacuum hose that needed the engine to be removed...

Hmmm... had to have that done a few months back too in the 07 GTC

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 07-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Well just another up-date, had the head unit replaced, few other things, picked it up Wednesday, got about 4 miles from dealer, same thing, drove it right back, still there, no news.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:04 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
have they checked the wiring to the head unit and pins for contamination ?

Old 07-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
I just called for up-date, they said they pulled the unit again, were checking all the wiring, said they tested, and all seems well, but told them the unit was ok, until I started to play with the buttons, then it went wrong, so now the tech re-testing that scenario

Last edited by 50redlands; 07-07-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
The strange thing is, they replaced it with a new unit, and the fault was the same as the old unit, could this be still be contamination, and how do they all of a sudden get contaminated.

Unless its a Coincidence, the fault happened right after I programmed the tire pressures to learn new, as I had a screw in rear tire, instead of waiting for it to learn, I just turned it off as it was in the garage.
next morning drove away, the light went out for low tire, then the screen froze, not sure if they are related.

Old 07-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by 50redlands
The strange thing is, they replaced it with a new unit, and the fault was the same as the old unit, could this be still be contamination, and how do they all of a sudden get contaminated.

Unless its a Coincidence, the fault happened right after I programmed the tire pressures to learn new, as I had a screw in rear tire, instead of waiting for it to learn, I just turned it off as it was in the garage.
next morning drove away, the light went out for low tire, then the screen froze, not sure if they are related.
still not fixed, one week

Old 05-05-2016, 09:09 PM
illusionist810 is on a distinguished road
Low battery charge or bad battery?

Had the same issue on a 09 CGT. Disconnected both the negative leads from the two batteries and charged the main battery until it was fully charged. I also cleaned the area below the wipers and behind the firewall.... Ensured that it was clear of debris and all the hoses were secure. Problem solved.