Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley IETIS SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley IETIS SYSTEM

To all the tech's on the forum......
Does the Bentley IETIS contain the full workshop manual or is a workshop manual needed if you have IETIS

Thanks,
Frank

Old 07-05-2014, 06:25 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
the IETIS that you can buy is virtually same as the dealer uses, there are three discs in total for continental series (WT) and then the arnage (PB) and then early cars spirit spur (TSD), it is a workshop manual on a disc.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:54 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bentleytech
the IETIS that you can buy is virtually same as the dealer uses, there are three discs in total for continental series (WT) and then the arnage (PB) and then early cars spirit spur (TSD), it is a workshop manual on a disc.

That's great thank you. I did think as much but wasn't quite sure.
Frank

Old 07-06-2014, 10:14 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
One note of caution: The IETIS that I have will only run on a 32 bit computer (i.e. XP, Win 7 (32 bit) and requires a reset of your system date for each session. If you need more detail, please PM me.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by PMS
One note of caution: The IETIS that I have will only run on a 32 bit computer (i.e. XP, Win 7 (32 bit) and requires a reset of your system date for each session. If you need more detail, please PM me.
its exactly the same as mine then. I have to reset the time and date to 9th October 2008 for it to work . I was wondering if there was just a plain workshop manual on disc?
Thanks Frank

Old 07-07-2014, 07:42 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
yes you can buy the latest disc from a dealer, you are using a dealer copy or similar by the sounds of it, ours used to time out after about 2-3 months as the continental series evolved, contact a dealer and they should be able to supply the latest one for about £30.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:58 AM
that software comes with the diagnostic disc, if you have the correct scan tool see if your local Bentley dealer will hook it up to their computer and download it for you ,apart from that i don't know, i would love to get hold of it ,it is so useful for the older cars.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by fencera
On a related, but unrelated note, do you know how to get a copy of the Omicheck/Omitec software separate from the scan tool (Arnage/SZ range)? Already have the right scan tool but with the wrong software. I have heard of people buying/acquiring the software separately and loading it but don't know how. Thanks for all of your comments. (and can start a new thread if better!)
No don't worry its all good reading and information
I have the VAS5054A which is what the dealer uses, but without using it regularly there are many functions which I don't get the use of. I suppose that's not a bad thing. lol The guided fault finding is especially useful but access to a decent manual with an easy to use index is essential. The IETIS system isn't that easy imo to find information quickly.

Frank

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 07-07-2014 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Lana_bentleygt is on a distinguished road
Hi
I am buying IETIS system for my 2005 Bentley GT coupe from some website for $15, is that reasonable, also what do I need to connect the computer with IETIS system to my car, I am trying to fix 2 issues, one TPMS and second Driver's seat stop working, may be its the modules but want to have this ready in case I need to program them, any help with IETIS will be appreciated

Old 05-07-2015, 02:23 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Lana_bentleygt
Hi
I am buying IETIS system for my 2005 Bentley GT coupe from some website for $15, is that reasonable, also what do I need to connect the computer with IETIS system to my car, I am trying to fix 2 issues, one TPMS and second Driver's seat stop working, may be its the modules but want to have this ready in case I need to program them, any help with IETIS will be appreciated
The IETIS is the Shop Manual. It is NOT the diagnostic system. The matching diagnostic system is the VAS 5054A. The shop manual is easy to install on your computer (read about the date bug).

The VAS 5054A is much more complicated. Most of us buy a computer with the VAS 5054A system already installed. Think circa 800.00 USD.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:27 PM
Thanks alot, this is helpful, since some of the peers here have this system, can someone please get me the part number for the driver seat module, my driver seat stopped working and want to see if I can get a new part but dont know the number there is one for sale on ebay for phaeton and I heard the parts are compatible

Old 05-08-2015, 01:48 AM
Thanks alot, this is helpful, since some of the peers here have this system, can someone please get me the part number for the driver seat module, my driver seat stopped working and want to see if I can get a new part but dont know the number there is one for sale on ebay for phaeton and I heard the parts are compatible
Are you sure its a module fault and not a hard wiring issue. It might be best to get a diagnostic tester on to test the system. the Vas 5054A is very clever. If you know some one with one ask them nicely if they will test the car for you?
I would rather do that than spend big$$ on some thing that hasnt been tested first.
Frank

Old 05-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks alot, I went to a local shop and their computer showed 7 faults , all of them are wire shorts ? the tech is going to take the seat off to see what is going on, do you think I have a damaged wire under the seat

Old 05-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Thanks alot, I went to a local shop and their computer showed 7 faults , all of them are wire shorts ? the tech is going to take the seat off to see what is going on, do you think I have a damaged wire under the seat
Sounds like you might have, but the answer to that will come soon

Old 05-08-2015, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your help, I hope I can get the seat working and will disable TPMS and call it a day, if I need a new module, do I need to program it ??