Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Neo car audio kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 10:44 PM
Gambit is on a distinguished road
Neo car audio kit

Hey guys. New and proud owner of 2006 bentley gt.
To my surprise I couldn't find an aux input jack in the car, which renders me unable to hook up my iPhone pandora.

Found this unit:
www.neocaraudio.com/products/PVW2GV1BT

Anyone familiar with it?

Old 08-18-2014, 03:49 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
It looks to be an FM transmitter, so lower quality sound capabilities than the Dice unit.

Old 08-18-2014, 11:57 PM
I don't believe it's an fn transmitter. The unit requires removal of the c&d changer and uses harness to connect instead. I ordered it. Hope it'll arrive soon. Will post progress report.

Old 08-19-2014, 05:59 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Oops, I was reading the description too fast as was travelling and working 20/hr days. Looks to be a Dice unit now that the images load. Hmmmm... did Audiovox give up on Dice or ??? Very interesting and let us know how it works.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Enterpriser will become famous soon enough
Looks like an unbranded DICE unit, if you can take a pic when it arrives and let us know how it works. I have the DICE unit which looks just like that and it NEVER works on first try/starting the car. I have to open glove box and wiggle harness and unplug it until I see the red light inside the DICE then I have to wiggle more. Eventually it works, it just takes about 5 minutes of pushing and prodding. Needless to say I would love to see if this was an updated unit.

Old 08-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Enterpriser,

Sounds like a weird/defective unit. Do you use the DICE unit connected to an iApple device and use said Apple device to change songs, etc? If so, you have only FIVE seconds from the moment you unlock the car until swiping-on the Apple device to get it initiated so as NOT to go into ACCESSORY mode. Hope this helps.

Also, please make sure you have the latest firmware
www.diceelectronics.com/fw-update.php?manuf=Audiovox%20Corporation

ADDED: When you flash the Mediabridge, MAKE SURE you also read the instructions as it WILL announce song names. etc via MAT unless you change the options.

http://audiovox.diceelectronics.com/..._rev062012.pdf

WARNING: Flashing to the new firmware means you WILL need to completely 'reprogram' the unit to your Bluetooth, then after that STAY in Bluetooth and adjust the MAT announcements or else you'll always get song announcement, etc. Yes, it is a PIA to get it done but once done you're all set.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-19-2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 AM
Enterpriser will become famous soon enough
Great information! Yes I have the Dice connected to my iphone and when I turn the car on I go through the nav OK and YES option and I hit CD to switch to the DICE and it doesnt work 99% of the time. So then I grab the wide pinned black harness out of Dice and wiggle it out, then upon reentry of that I hear the speakers kind of pop and then Spotify or Pandora starts playing and I am good to go. I will try to accelerate my process and heed your 5 seconds deal. Thanks again!

Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Maaaannn. sounds like a pain in the ***..
I hope my unit won't behave like that. will find out soon enough.
On my old M6: bluetooth didn't support music, only calls, so i bought inexpensive Bluetooth adapter ( about 40$) and pugged into AUX jack, and it worked like a charm… But my lovely Bentley doesn't have AUX. Folr last 4 days I've been listening to CD's!!!! I believe thats what they called.. CD's…. these shiny circular discs that fit 10-12 songs. LOL

Old 08-22-2014, 07:00 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Be thankful that we don't have 8 track cartridge systems any more.

Les.

Old 08-29-2014, 09:12 PM
Finally got around to hook up the NEO unit. It took me about 10-15 min. Must have proper tools to remove the cd changer. It took few tries to set up bluetooth, but once set up it worked like a charm. Streaming pandora and itunes just fine. Can skip songs etc, but it doesn't show text. I haven't try the hard connection yet but I assume it should work just as well. Great thing about this unit is that it bluetooth only stays connected wile the audio on CD. But when you switch to radio it disengages your iphone bluetooth so if calls or text comes in it actually rings. Overall I like the unit very much.