Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Separating windows on an '07 Bentley Continental

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 12:47 PM
sk8rjess is on a distinguished road

Hey guys i'm having an issue and I can't find anyone else having the same problem.
It seems most of the windows in my Bentley have started to separate and are having some white film. I'm told this is an issue with all Bentley's(despite me now finding that true with the locals) and just had them all replaced and costed about $6k to do - I don't want to be doing this often.
Has anyone ran into this issue before?

Old 07-19-2015, 08:45 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough

Never heard of this happening before nor seen on the Merc W140 which also had double glazed windows.

The only problem I am aware of is spotting from the glue between the two panels of glass. It's very minor and just effects quarter panel my rhs door.

Is your car park outdoors as something must be effecting the glue for it come apart. You could consider tinting your windows to shield your windows.

J

Old 07-21-2015, 12:38 PM
I think we're going to try some external tint made for buildings. Not sure how it'll come out but paying $4k+ for windows is about ridiculous.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:34 PM
6k plus for new Bentley windows is acceptable as you have no other choice.

However, paying 4k for window tints is a rip off regardless of brand or quality of tint. I paid around $700 for 3M crystalline all windows apart from windscreen.

Mind me asking where your getting your tints done?

J

Originally Posted by sk8rjess
I think we're going to try some external tint made for buildings. Not sure how it'll come out but paying $4k+ for windows is about ridiculous.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jc_333
However, paying 4k for window tints is a rip off regardless of brand or quality of tint.

J

LOL,

Sk8rjess is not paying 4k for tint.......
4k was for the windows.

Johnny J J

Old 07-21-2015, 10:28 PM
Not too sure on that one as OP stated "all replaced and costed about $6k to do".

I would like to know what tint costs 4k.

J

Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
LOL,

Sk8rjess is not paying 4k for tint.......
4k was for the windows.

Johnny J J

Old 07-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Ha, I could have clarified that better.
Yes, that price is for the windows. He could have said $6k but he was also fixing a few different things on the car and maybe I misheard.

I'm ordering tint off windowtint.com and have a local guy that I use for all my vehicles that I'll have put it on.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Thank you for the clarification.

J

Old 07-23-2015, 08:07 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
New windows in a car less than ten years old???? I don't care how much they cost that is ridiculous. This sort of stuff makes you want to trade your Bentley for a Lexus.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:23 AM
Modded Spur is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that this is an old post and I'm not sure if there have been other similar posts which are more recent, but I would like to prevent this from happening to my FS, being that I can already see signs of this problem starting on the very rear door glass, as well as on the small glass on my front doors. It is not bad at all yet, therefore I would like to keep it from getting worse. Due to the fact that tinting the car traditionally from the inside does not prevent nor hide this defect in these windows, I did think about the tinting from the outside on just those smaller windows and then matching the rest of the glass by tinting it from the inside, but I am curious to find out if anyone has done this with any good results. I know that once this problem begins, it only gets worse as the car is exposed to heat from the sun. A friend of mine has a FS which has gotten so bad that you can barely see out of the two rear door glasses, and his is tinted from the inside, therefore it is a real eyesore. If anyone has had success using exterior film on these windows, please post some pics or share your experience in order to see if this is a viable solution for this defect in the glass. Also, if anyone has any other ideas besides very costly glass replacement, please share those also...Thanks in advance for any guidance in resolving this issue. Thanks!

Old 02-14-2020, 02:26 AM
Aaron77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you ever get an answer to your question about the windows?