Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Just got my first Bentley..NEED HELP! EXPERTS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 AM
wsuhottboi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Just got my first Bentley..NEED HELP! EXPERTS?

So I have owned my first Bentley GT for 2 months now

Name:  IMG_0436%201.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  172.4 KB

Specs:
2005 Bentley Gt
68k miles (I know alot :/)
Stock

Since I bought it I have had my share of issues. Started out with bad window regulators on both sides. Had those replaced. Now the rear driver one sometimes tends to go down by itself and takes be about 4 tries from the outside door handle to put back up and the passenger side one doesn't go up sometimes. But anyways I have posted this thread for the following questions..

1) I know my rear passenger motor is going out but why does the driver side go down by itself sometimes, is it also going out.

2) This is probably the question a lot of people will not respond to, but my screen freezes sometimes and restarts probably every 10 mins..really annoying. How do i fix this?

3) This is a not that important to me but I'm curious. My driver seat recliner doesn't work when I'm sitting or leaning back, but works if i get up. I'm 6'2 260 pounds tho lol

4) This question is the most important one and the reason I found this forum and decided to most and would like a answer within hours please!! So yesterday my e-parking brake had an electric fault. The amber colored sign with a slash thru the P popped up. After this happened my e-parking break would not engage or disengage. Last night I was really thinking about it and started googling some things and came across a post that said try engaging and disengaging while car is just in start position but not on. So I gave that a try and excuse my language but **** my life, the parking brake engaged and now it wont disengage. I couldn't drive it to work today and it is stuck in my garage. I tried again this morning but nothing. My mechanic said to try driving it and it should disengage and I can bring it to the shop instead of towing. My concern is that if the actuator went out will it even disengage by me trying to drive and should I not even risk that cause the damage it can do and is there any other way of disengaging it.

Please help me!!!!!

Old 11-25-2015, 06:00 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Re: point #4. Given your situation, I would suggest initializing the car by disconnecting the two batteries in the trunk. Start with the negative terminal on the starter battery (the small one on the right) and then the negative terminal on the left battery. Wait three minutes and then reconnect in the reverse order. Be prepared, the car will need some resets (such as windows, clock, etc.). The trunk may not close properly for a few minutes but it will sort itself out eventually. This may reset your electric parking brake. In any event, you will not do any harm to your car by trying this process. Please let us know if this helps.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:31 PM
wsuhottboi is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PMS
Re: point #4. Given your situation, I would suggest initializing the car by disconnecting the two batteries in the trunk. Start with the negative terminal on the starter battery (the small one on the right) and then the negative terminal on the left battery. Wait three minutes and then reconnect in the reverse order. Be prepared, the car will need some resets (such as windows, clock, etc.). The trunk may not close properly for a few minutes but it will sort itself out eventually. This may reset your electric parking brake. In any event, you will not do any harm to your car by trying this process. Please let us know if this helps.
Thanks alot for the reply. I actually didn't get to read this in time and got home and tried the driving method and it worked! So ima take it to the shop after the holidays and get that fixed. I apperciate the response man. Thank you once again.

Old 11-25-2015, 08:35 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I believe the screen fix is a known issue, factory has new software/firmware.

As for the p (parking), it is the rear right parking brake bit. A few hundred dollars for the part and 15 minute fix.

Sorry to hear of your troubles as those early year cars are known to be unreliable. . Hopefully you paid less than 40k for it to offset all these costs.