Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 Bentley Continental GT Carbon Ceramic Rotors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:14 PM
therron4ou is on a distinguished road
2007 Bentley Continental GT Carbon Ceramic Rotors

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I have a 2007 Bentley Continental GT with 14k miles. I have a squeal from the front passenger side from a cracked rotor. The car is equipped with carbon ceramic brakes in the front. The dealer wants to replace both rotors, and brakes for $17,000 and insists both rotors be replaced even if only one needs if per Bentley standards. Can anybody tell me a source for buying these cheaper, used, or if there is a way to install steel rotors with correct pads other than a carbon ceramic braking system? Thank you so much with any help fellas!

Old 12-30-2015, 12:40 PM
Also, is there a way to convert the Carbon Ceramic System to a Steel Rotor System?

Old 12-30-2015, 01:37 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting, as never knew a 2007 could be equipped that way. As i recall 2008 is when they were first available. Is it just ceramic in front and not rear or ??? Am curious how, and by who, you got them.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Interesting, as never knew a 2007 could be equipped that way. As i recall 2008 is when they were first available. Is it just ceramic in front and not rear or ??? Am curious how, and by who, you got them.
Yes it is on the front only. From what the Bentley dealer says, it was a factory upgrade option.

Old 12-30-2015, 01:55 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Here's two for $5018.00 ouch !!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2-x-AUDI-RS6-4F-KERAMIKSCHEIBE-420-x-40-mm-3W0-615-301-L-302-D-Q7-V12-TDI-TOP-/272087067408?hash=item3f59a72b10:g:b5EAAOSw5IJWfeg R

Johnny

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-27-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
An other for $3900.00, but he list as a "301 J" but his picture is of a "302 D", So as each disc has a different part number, which is the number that you need ?

$3900

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BENTLEY-CONTINENTAL-CERAMIC-BRAKE-DISC-ROTOR-3W0615301J-ATD-SPORTSCARS-/151447849775?hash=item2342fecb2f:g:GscAAOSwF1dURMy v&vxp=mtr

Or a complete 4 disc setup for $9050.00

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BRAKES-DISCS-PADS-BREMSE-BENTLEY-CONTINENTAL-GT-GTC-SUPERSPORTS-FLYING-SPUR-/151856796098?hash=item235b5ed1c2:g:QLwAAOSwYHxWKCr n

Johnny

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-27-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:39 PM
From what I'm told I really need to do both if I'm going to do 1.
Parts #s

3w0615301j
3w0153026

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-27-2017 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:37 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by therron4ou
Yes it is on the front only. From what the Bentley dealer says, it was a factory upgrade option.
Very interesting and huge thanks for the info. This is the first I've heard of it. Anyone here from the factory or service dept know how they handle the brake system grip coefficient difference to keep the brakes balanced F/R? Different VAG programming for the brake pressure somehow(?!?) or ????? It wouldn't be too hard to make the CF the same grip potential and the stock ferrous I guess. When trying the then brand new 2008 models with CF brakes on all corners during a press event I found them highly lacking in modulation finesse.

I could see doing all four to keep it all balanced, yet front only seems.... interesting. The price is a bit eye-watering

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 12-30-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Administrator
From what I'm told I really need to do both if I'm going to do 1.
Parts #s

3w0615301j
3w0153026
I believe you meant "3W0 615 302"

Here a is a seller in Florida with both left and right, at $1957.00 each brand new !!

Left. 3W0 615 301 S
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-OEM-Front-LH-Ceramic-Brake-Disc-3W0615301S-Fits-09-and-Up-Continentals-/141673106441?hash=item20fc600c09:gYsAAOxy4YdTRbQ F

Right. 3W0 615 302 H
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-OEM-Front-RH-Ceramic-Brake-Disc-3W0615302H-Fits-09-and-Up-Continentals-/131518369352?hash=item1e9f1b0e48:g:XTEAAOxy7nNTRbU 4

Check which part numbers the dealer was to supply you with, regardless of the suffix letter, they all appear to be 420X40 MM, "Bentley GT brake disc 420 x 40 mm 3W0615302".

Johnny

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 AM
The dealership selling them says that his information says it will not work on a 2007. He cannot tell me why and also does not take returns. Scary to drop 4k and if they don't work, I'll be stuck with them. Also, he has had the online since May so there is not a huge demand.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-27-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:37 AM
You might want to contact http://www.flyingspares.com"]www.flyingspares.com and ask them what the differences are. Maybe it is the dimensions or ???

Was also thinking, perhaps they changed the material as am very surprised you're having this problem with so very few miles on the car (for CF) as i'm assuming you don't track it or brake hard all the time. This might also be why the dealer suggests changing both as the factory might know of problems yet... To fail at only 14k miles might be a deeper problem

This really is the first I've heard of CF on a 2007 and I'd opt for metal every time for street use. Have seen too many others with $$$$$ problems using CF that far outweigh the *claimed* cost advantage of longer wear and since we're not tracking these beasts. Again, contact Flying Spares as they might know more.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-27-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM
Administrator
I just got off the phone with Paul Miller Bentley in Parsippany NJ, although I do not have your VIN # to reference to, but did give info as to a 2007 GT with part #'s 3W0-615-301 J & 3W0-615-302 ? as you did not give the letter for the second part #, just based on the part numbers alone , the are superseded by "3W0-615-301 S" and "3W0-615-302 H" .

Also he said they list for $7800.00 ea. and would cost me $6K ea. Damn !!

Does the guy in Florida know what he is giving away...... LOL

If you want to post your VIN # or PM me same I will call back to verify.

Johnny

The dealership selling them says that his information says it will not work on a 2007. He cannot tell me why and also does not take returns. Scary to drop 4k and if they don't work, I'll be stuck with them. Also, he has had the online since May so there is not a huge demand.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 12-31-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-31-2015, 11:38 AM
Administrator
I just spoke with the Florida dealer, and we both believe you misunderstood what he meant, the "S & H" do fit your vehicle as he has your VIN#, but because they are superseded parts from the "J and ?" they must be replaced in pairs left and right, also at the same time the front pads that retail for $3300.00 must be done with the replacement of said rotors, he said he would sell the complete set of both front rotors and pads for $5743.99, that's less the one rotor at my cost from dealer.......

The problem lies with the part of you only wanting to replace one rotor, that can not be done as to multiple successions of part numbers and notes that state "must be replaced in pairs with pads", WHY? I do not have an answer for, all I can think of is design change and material.

NOW for the bigger question, the dealer states that you have a Diamond series 07 GT and that it did not come with carbon ceramic brakes only in the front, but on all four corners, so something is not right here.

Could you post some pictures of your brakes all around.

Johnny

Old 12-31-2015, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
... "must be replaced in pairs with pads", WHY? I do not have an answer for, all I can think of is design change and material.
Great sleuth work guys!!! Bet you're right Johnny, a change of the formulations means you need to keep the mating materials and grip coefficient/working forces in harmony (apologies if that sounds a bit ethereal, it was not meant to). Thus fully agree it needs to be done completely as it is a 'brake system'. So yeah, agreed one needs to do both rotors and pads.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Any update ??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bentley Continental GT Carbon Ceramic Rotors