Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Tibaldi Pen Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 12:01 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley Tibaldi Pen Installation

Got a PM about this and needed to add image and felt, well, why not give info to everyone.

Hmm, i don't want to confuse things with right/left as have a USA car and UK car things are probably opposite side. So one arm rest has the Bentley stock Bluetooth SIM card thing and the display. That stays within the car.

The OTHER arm rest did have the 'privacy phone' yet the dealer eliminated that when first receiving the car (my request) so had that arm rest 'empty' so that all it had was the blackish felt tray thing.

The Tibaldi should come with a RAW leather (light tan as i recall) bit that you die and it neatly press-fits within the 'empty' arm rest. i simply used black shoe dye and a bit of very light sandpapering to smooth out the raw leather.

Hope this helps. Sorry for rubbish photo, as right now am being inundated with requests for our CES 2017 live stream time slot requests.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 12-06-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:33 PM
6CWT is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Steven.

That's the only non-factory photo of the pen install to be found anywhere on the web. Very original thinking with the black shoe dye!

In my 2010 UK Spec car I have Bluetooth, so I don't have the rSAP control unit, just the flap at the back for the SIM. The other armrest carries the privacy handset. As you might expect mine is the opposite way around to yours.

I believe the part number for the tray to replace the deleted phone cradle is 3W0864163B. Haven't checked this with the dealer, but around £60 I believe.

Old 12-06-2016, 12:36 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Always glad to help. BTW, found the below photo online so MAKE SURE you get the insert bit as it WAS NOT included with all 'Bentley Tibaldi' pen set(s).

Old 12-06-2016, 12:46 PM
I think the insert was only included with the Limited Edition 'Continental' series pens? I don't think it was available of the Continental Slimline or the GT Series.

I have the Continental Beluga Fountain Pen 224/999 and my father in law has the Continental Beluga Roller Ball 222/999.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:10 PM
You're probably right as it seems you know more than i on this. Have the rollerball for many years and she has been excellent!

Old 12-13-2016, 08:00 AM

All done! Tibaldi Bentley pen install

Old 12-13-2016, 11:05 AM
Nice! Congrats

Old 12-14-2016, 01:19 AM
Very pleased. Just out of curiosity, what number's yours Steven?

Old 12-14-2016, 03:03 AM
It's within the middle of the range.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:52 AM
Silverlake Blue Pen Set

UPDATE: I’ve acquired a brand new Tibaldi for Bentley Continental LE Pen Set in Silverlake Blue. This comes with the arm-rest pen tray to suit an early GT and can be installed in later models by purchasing an additional part.

It’s obviously quite a niche item and I wanted to reach out to any GT owners on here who might be interested having seen this thread. PM me for details.

Admin - If I’m not allowed to post in here, then please remove or re-locate to the appropriate message board.

Regards,

Craig

Old 07-14-2020, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @6CWT ,
I think your post is fine as you did not mention $$.
Do send me send a pm please regarding same.

Johnny

Old 07-16-2020, 10:27 AM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
What is the purpose of this pen and why does it replace the handset?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.