Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

05 Bentley Continental gt 6.0l wont shift HELP!!!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 01:13 PM
Kavinp is an unknown quantity at this point
05 Bentley Continental gt 6.0l wont shift HELP!!!!!

hello i recently purchased a 2005 Bentley continental gt coupe 6.0l twin turbo great car i love it but for the past week im having this wont shift out of third gear issue randomly at times the cars runs perfect but almost every other time i turn the car on it shifts only first second third gear then it stays in third unless i go to a higher rpm then it'll go into the fourth gear there are no codes in any of the systems when it shifts fine it runs perfect like nothing was ever wrong!!! i don't know what to do the battery's are new in the car the only other thing is the tpms light is on because of aftermarket wheels but i don't see how that can affect the shifting PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kavinp
hello i recently purchased a 2005 Bentley continental gt coupe 6.0l twin turbo great car i love it but for the past week im having this wont shift out of third gear issue randomly at times the cars runs perfect but almost every other time i turn the car on it shifts only first second third gear then it stays in third unless i go to a higher rpm then it'll go into the fourth gear there are no codes in any of the systems when it shifts fine it runs perfect like nothing was ever wrong!!! i don't know what to do the battery's are new in the car the only other thing is the tpms light is on because of aftermarket wheels but i don't see how that can affect the shifting PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know there are no codes? What are you using to read out the codes?

Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm using the autel scanner I go the all the modules and I did the quick scan but there are no codes present all the systems pass aside from seat memeory and navigation

Last edited by Kavinp; 08-14-2017 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
I'm using the autel scanner I go the all the modules and I did the quick scan but there are no codes present all the systems pass aside from seat memeory and navigation
Ok, I wondered if your scanner actually could interrogate the box module. Some cant do a lot of stuff.

Old 08-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Kavinp,
How many mile on the GT, what happens if you shift manually in trip tronic mode {to the right} at lower rpms, same with paddles, and what happens in sport mode {S}, it may be a sticky solenoid on the mechatronics.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 PM
the scanner seems to be connecting to all the modules in the car so i dont see why it woudl miss somthing it goes into all the main components perfectly engine trans airbag abs etc....
the car has 40,000 miles and no i cant even shift it with trip tronic mode or paddles or s mode when it does shift its like butter like nothing was ever wrong with it but when it doesn't it will go to 1 2 3 then if i want to force it to shift i have to put the peddle down past 3500 rpm then it will shift to 4th again same thing when i need it to go to 5th or 6th but like i said it'll do this ever other time like its going into limb mode i don't know why its strange

Old 08-14-2017, 07:45 PM
no check engine light on no codes nothing from what i see in my scanner

Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 PM
i think i have figured it out so tuns out my outside air temp sensor was reading -2 degrees which i never pay attention to so i switched the sensor with a new one and waited a day for it to have the right temp reading and the car has been shifting perfectly sinces my last 6 trips

Old 08-12-2019, 12:48 AM
Dag1914 is an unknown quantity at this point
Same Issue

i think i have figured it out so tuns out my outside air temp sensor was reading -2 degrees which i never pay attention to so i switched the sensor with a new one and waited a day for it to have the right temp reading and the car has been shifting perfectly sinces my last 6 trips
Just out of curiosity which outside air temp sensor did you replace? I believe there are multiple ones correct?

Old 08-12-2019, 08:01 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
I'd be getting a trans oil change also !!

Old 06-26-2020, 09:35 AM
jtec963 is an unknown quantity at this point
2005 Bentley Continental GT

Just a quick update. My guy has the car starting and running. He has now noticed that water is getting into the car. Front drivers and passengers sides and also rear floor behind drivers side. Does anyone have an idea if this is a common problem or where the leak could be coming from? Thanks.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:07 PM
Brian T is an unknown quantity at this point
I beleve that you may have a blocked shuttle drain or posibly air con drain pipes front footwell water
boot could be spoiler drains blocked or drain in filler cap
check old posts on hear for info
​​​​​​

Old 06-26-2020, 01:19 PM
Brian T is an unknown quantity at this point
Front footwell Check shuttle drain and aircon drains
boot spoiler drains and also fule filler drain

​​​​​​

Old 06-26-2020, 01:56 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jtec963
Just a quick update. My guy has the car starting and running. He has now noticed that water is getting into the car. Front drivers and passengers sides and also rear floor behind drivers side. Does anyone have an idea if this is a common problem or where the leak could be coming from? Thanks.
Try looking up how to clear the drains. It’s a few threads on here in detail. I know it’s one on each side of the engine compartment, one inside the fuel door and two on the trunk lid.

Old 06-28-2020, 03:42 AM
jtec963 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks, will do.