Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

No access!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 04:57 PM
David Gregory is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy No access!!!

Hi I have a2006 flying spur. I have zero electric power and the manual key will not unlock the door. Does anyone have any idea how to get access into the car. My last resort seems to be breaking the passenger front window to enable me to open the bonnet and access a power point to a back charge the battery!! Replacing the window is £1250. Anyone have any ideas. Bentley say this is impossible to happen!!!!!

Old 02-08-2019, 06:56 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Take a toilet plunger put it on the left rear tail light. Pull hard to remove the tail light. Now there is access to the manual trunk release mechanism.

Never had to do this, other members of the form have had success doing so.

Old 02-09-2019, 05:55 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Take a toilet plunger put it on the left rear tail light. Pull hard to remove the tail light. Now there is access to the manual trunk release mechanism.

Never had to do this, other members of the form have had success doing so.
I seen this video last yr and thought it was satire. I took my left light out once and I could have sworn it had screws holding it down.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:19 AM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough
I'v seen this done for real, a good hard pull no messing about

Old 02-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by joc44
I'v seen this done for real, a good hard pull no messing about
did the lens cover break and is it still left light access with RH drive?

Old 02-10-2019, 03:07 PM
Bentley bonnet release

Can you operate the bonnet release with the door shut. Am thinking of breaking a window to get in and enable me to get power to batteries. Cannot open any doors at the moment as emergency key entry is not working.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:29 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Breaking the window seems like a terrible idea. There's going to be glass all over the interior, consequential damage isn't worth it. By the way it's double thick glass.

Take a deep breath and step away from the problem. Removing the tail light is a lot easier if it in fact can be done? Due diligence and patience.

Look on eBay for a used left tail light before doing anything.

This is just my opinion. Please proceed unencumbered by my thoughts.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Breaking glass!

Thanks for that. New rear light is over £1000 and I have the window on order. I am going to maybe give that a try. If and when I get into the car I will install a mechanical release pull for the boot (trunk)

Old 02-11-2019, 08:07 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
I have had my left tail light out of my GT Speed. They are mounted with bolts. I can see when using the toilet plunger method it would break off the mounts on the tail light without cracking the lens. However you can purchase at a auto parts store a special plastic only type glue (similar to epoxy) and remount the hold down bolts securely. It should be a less expensive issue than the approach you are thinking of taking. Be ready for the release cable not working. After watching the video procedure using the plunger, I looked at mine and tried the release cable and it did not work. So I repaired that.

Lots of luck Ron

Last edited by Rons GT Speed; 02-11-2019 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-11-2019, 08:30 PM
The Flying Spur's rear tail lights are different than the GT's (???). The above video is a Flying Spur. Looking at eBay listings for left rear Flying Spur tail light did't see the small Torx hold- downs. The only cost maybe a plunger if true.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=David Gregory;4765521]

did the lens cover break and is it still left light access with RH drive?

Get a glass sucker not a toilet plunger, it works trust me seen it done, one day when i was at a bentley place and the spur in front of me was flat so he pulled the light to start the car so i could get out. LHS from the back for a RHD car.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Old 02-17-2019, 11:52 AM
sam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud ofsam08861 has much to be proud of
Your door lock should open manually with the key. Assuming you've tried turning it both ways and nothing?

If your lock has somehow failed, then a locksmith should be able to get you in quickly.

If you can somehow get the hood open (using the instructions in Joc44's link), you can power the car in as shown in the vid below. Never tried 'breaking in' to the hood, but having to tear up a very expensive tail lamp doesn't sound too great.

No need to remove the airbox, just the cover and I've jumped my car this way as well with no problems.

Last edited by sam08861; 02-17-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:36 AM
No access

Originally Posted by David Gregory
Hi I have a2006 flying spur. I have zero electric power and the manual key will not unlock the door. Does anyone have any idea how to get access into the car. My last resort seems to be breaking the passenger front window to enable me to open the bonnet and access a power point to a back charge the battery!! Replacing the window is £1250. Anyone have any ideas. Bentley say this is impossible to happen!!!!!
n
Just to update on the above. Using a plunger will not work. Cannot access boot lock this way. Cannot gain access through bonnet as bonnet release cannot be used with door shut. With all doors deadlocked the solution is to jack front of car up on stands. Remove undertray and access fan power input. Connect external power to this cable and magically power is restored to batteries and doors and boot can be opened with remote.
luckily for me a local garage owner gained access boosted batteries and started car within 45mins. I am fitting a ctek charger to trickle charge. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM
When you pull the light, you put power to the battery and then BINGO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No access!!!