Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

cracked touch screen help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 PM
opsimmons is an unknown quantity at this point
cracked touch screen help

Hi, i just bought a beautiful 2013 Bentley Continental GTC i had a little area of leather that was coming up on the dash and took it to be repaired at a local shop. The dash came back great, but the control/navigation unit screen was cracked. Does anyone know of a way to fix it shy of buying a new head unit? Thanks

Old 02-24-2019, 12:04 AM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
Make the shop pay to fix it.

Old 02-24-2019, 09:45 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
A few thousand should fix it.... shop pays.

Old 02-24-2019, 10:20 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Indeed frustrating, the shop must have a sad story. People go to court for didn't do it.

Last edited by 1eapplebaum; 05-14-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:10 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by opsimmons
Hi, i just bought a beautiful 2013 Bentley Continental GTC i had a little area of leather that was coming up on the dash and took it to be repaired at a local shop. The dash came back great, but the control/navigation unit screen was cracked. Does anyone know of a way to fix it shy of buying a new head unit? Thanks
Sorry to hear that, if you or the shop could take the unit apart and get the numbers or a picture of the labels on the rear of what I believe is a 8" touchscreen, I will make some calls and see if I can locate one for you, I have a supplier for the 7.2" screens for the 2004-11's as pictured below, and have repaired quite a few with said screen .

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-24-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:16 AM
dskippy888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Sorry to hear that, if you or the shop could take the unit apart and get the numbers or a picture of the labels on the rear of what I believe is a 8" touchscreen, I will make some calls and see if I can locate one for you, I have a supplier for the 7.2" screens for the 2004-11's as pictured below, and have repaired quite a few with said screen .

Johnny, my 2004 infotainment screen is bubbling up and the top has an intermittent zigzag static where it shows the temperature. Is the screen replacement easy or better left to an electronics expert to do soldering and wiring? Is it easy to source the 7.2” screen?
TIA

Old 05-14-2020, 11:12 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dskippy888
Johnny, my 2004 infotainment screen is bubbling up and the top has an intermittent zigzag static where it shows the temperature. Is the screen replacement easy or better left to an electronics expert to do soldering and wiring? Is it easy to source the 7.2” screen?
TIA
Hello @dskippy888 ,
The infotainment screen replacement is plug and play, no soldering at all, there will be many tiny screws to remove, along with some ribbon cables, and a few plugs.

I have screens but it would not make sense to ship to Hong Kong, I will PM you the contact in China.

If you need help when the time comes, contact me here and I will take a unit apart to show you the steps by either pictures or a video.

Johnny

Old 05-14-2020, 04:01 PM
AJ1
AJ1 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by opsimmons
Thats awful news, surely the shop is insured and a brand new replacement from Bentley is the way to go.