Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Hazard Warning Lights Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:13 PM
DAV3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Hazard Warning Lights Not Working

Hello all,

My hazard lights / switch isn't working on my Bentley Continental (2006).

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this before?

I have done a VCDS scan with no faults, just wondering if it may be the switch, or is there a relay?

Couldn't see anything mentioned in the owners / service manual and I have checked all the trunk / steering wheel fuses and all check out ok.

The flasher doesn't work with or without ignition on and the indicators / lock unlock work with flashing lights just fine.

I'm thinking switch, but would be great if someone else had similar issue?

Any help would be much appreciated !

Old 04-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DAV3
Hello all,

My hazard lights / switch isn't working on my Bentley Continental (2006).

Just wondering if anyone has encountered this before?

I have done a VCDS scan with no faults, just wondering if it may be the switch, or is there a relay?

Couldn't see anything mentioned in the owners / service manual and I have checked all the trunk / steering wheel fuses and all check out ok.

The flasher doesn't work with or without ignition on and the indicators / lock unlock work with flashing lights just fine.

I'm thinking switch, but would be great if someone else had similar issue?

Any help would be much appreciated !
Hi, what your saying is the hazards don't work + the indicators nor the flasher, it sounds like the relay ...

Old 04-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Hi, everything works (blinkers, unlock), except the hazards.

Do you know where the relay is?

Thanks.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:11 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Has the centre console been out ?
Iam thinking switch , either disconnected or broken .I would look there 1st .
Most cars hazards share the same relays as the blinkers .

Old 04-25-2019, 07:40 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DAV3
Hi, everything works (blinkers, unlock), except the hazards.

Do you know where the relay is?

Thanks.
Hi Dav,

99.9% possibility it is a failed hazard switch on your console. There is no relay like in the old days. The hazard switch sends signal to the FRONT body control module. It, in turn, sends the command to the 4 corners signal bulbs. All of the old fashioned "blinkers" and "relays" are built into the digital circuitry in the FRONT body control module (not the rear body control module).

If the switch is not failed, then the F Body Control module has in part of its circuitry. The FBCM is replaceable only as a whole unit and has no internal plugin replaceable parts. No fuses either. The FBCM is protected by a simple 5a fuse, but if it failed, the module would not function and there would be far more not working than just hazards

The lower LH corner of this CAN topology is the focus of your issue.

Hope this help you:

Old 04-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Thumbs up

Yeah I think you're right, I haven't had the car that long and have never actually pressed the hazard switch since owning the vehicle.

Playing with the switch pack more, I notice that some of the centre buttons, suspension adjust etc, are very sticky and stay down when pressed.

So I dived in, stripped out the console and removed the switch pack (to acquire the part number), then deconstructed the switch pack and found brown sticky residue on the circuit board.

Looks like a previous owner has spilled some coffee/coke and done some damage. I tried cleaning it, but didn't seem to fix anything.

All other functions work on the switch pack, but the residue is over the hazard switch part of the board. Time to order a new switch pack and cross fingers it works.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:28 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Ebay has had some in the past, but some sellers think they're better than new the way they're priced. Yours is an 06? Does it have the start button? That entire switch pack is a little more anyway.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Yes I've got the start button, but that is separate to the switch pack circuit assembly. And yes, ordered via eBay 😁 full console veneer with all console switches, was cheaper than just the switch lol

Can sell on the rest. It's the wrong switch part number suffix (no Aircon seats) but I really just care about the hazard to pass inspection. Once I know that's definitely the issue, then I'll order the right switch pack for my car.