Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bgt 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H-M3
sorry just saw this message. I will take one over the weekend and post it. Thanks
Picture time...

Old 03-16-2020, 08:11 PM
H-M3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry car is parked at my dads so will pop round later after work to take a snap. Watch the space.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:22 PM
Sorry due to lockdown in London it’s been bit difficult to do things. Plus no parts arriving from China. Hope you guys are keeping safe and looking after yourself.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:10 PM

Sorry for the delay, have the gt wash so took picture of dash.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:23 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Read this , lets eliminate damp ?
Last pic looks like a garage ?
“ it’s at your dads “
Its come on over the damp winter ?

1- Exactly how is it used stored ? ...put away sealed up after a wet run out ? How ventilated is it’s garage ?
2- Have you ever done any drain maintenance....scuttle and air con elbows .Air con elbows if blocked mean water sits ( that should have drained out ) in the pan under the centre console and might evaporate up trap in places and “ do “ circuits .

Old 04-10-2020, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by John Fiammetta
Read this , lets eliminate damp ?
Last pic looks like a garage ?
“ it’s at your dads “
Its come on over the damp winter ?

1- Exactly how is it used stored ? ...put away sealed up after a wet run out ? How ventilated is it’s garage ?
2- Have you ever done any drain maintenance....scuttle and air con elbows .Air con elbows if blocked mean water sits ( that should have drained out ) in the pan under the centre console and might evaporate up trap in places and “ do “ circuits .
hi John. Thanks for your detailed response. The car is hardly driven to be honest. Mainly driving in dry weather. Also that’s not a actual garage rather a canopy on my dads drive. It has dark sheeting on the canopy to stop sun rays. Car when last serviced had most of the major stuff checked. I can still look at the points you raised as the boot spoiler had drain blockage which I just cleared with the guidance from here. I still have the dreaded bonnet micro switch to look at, plus after the alloy wheel refurb the TPS are flagging up. Maybe they just need setting.
john any pics of the drainage points please?

thanks

Old 04-10-2020, 09:20 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Drainage points ....peel back the thick carpet + sound insulation to expose the rubber elbows , pull the upper part down / off ....rod out and re fit .
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

Maybe the car ( post lockdown?) just needs a good run / dry out ?

Last edited by John Fiammetta; 04-10-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Thanks John!

Old 04-14-2020, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Picture time...
Johnny
you made no comment on the picture buddy?

Old 04-21-2020, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Johnny
@H-M3 ,
Sorry for the late response.
Not to take away from @John Fiammetta 's comments but, I have to say, in all the flood car Bentleys I have seen either in person or at online auctions, none have ever had the DIS screen look like yours, in-fact my hurricane Sandy GT did not have that problem with the display, and as I rebuild her she has been outside through all four seasons for some years now, snow, rain, hot, cold, moisture on the insides of the windows at times, and never ever has the dash ever displayed incorrectly.
So, I do not think dampness has anything to do with what your screen looks like.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 04-21-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:48 PM
Administrator
Johnny
​​​​​​Hello @H-M3 ,
Any update ?

Johnny

Old 04-25-2020, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
​​​​​​Hello @H-M3 ,
Any update ?

Johnny
hi Johnny
with 2 little ones at home with the current lockdown it’s proving bit difficult to dedicate some car time! I am hoping to dismantle it to just see if all the connectors are all sound. I am hoping to look at the bonnet micro switch while I am at it too. Any tips of removing the micro switch trim?
thanks