Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

First scan questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Linescreamer
No. What plugs in there?
Hello @Linescreamer ,
Here is a link to the cables available.

#1 will get you cables 2, 3, 4, and 5, which consists of cables that are #2 -Ipod, #3 -3.5mm jack, #4 -USB, and #5 -small USB

Then #7 is available separately, as is #8, but be sure to pick the correct #8 for your year vehicle, as you can see, #8 has two choices.

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...129/2151/39525

You can also get the Bluetooth adapter to plug into the basic #2 thirty pin cable, then stream your phone wirelessly.

I used the old 30 pin plug and plugged a Bovee 1000 Bluetooth adapter into it and paired my Samsung Galaxy S10 5G.

https://www.viseeousa.com/products/b...od-integration

It also depends on what cellphone you use, if not an IPHONE, then just go with the Bovee WMA1000A Bluetooth adapter route into the media in port via #2 ipod cable, or the newer Bovee WMA3000A which has it's own cable built-in.

Amazon Amazon

if you use iPhone then get the appropriate cable, standard vs lightning.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-28-2021 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:37 AM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
Thank you. I don't think I want to spend a couple hundred dollars to stream music. I think my 2013 has the ability to stream from my Android. I just don't know how to get it connected. I think I have a software issue. The phone works for calls, there is no reason it shouldn't work for streaming. This is why I thought I could get more info from the Ross Tech scan? Maybe someone else knows what my issue is? For now I have loaded 300 songs onto the hard drive and that plays perfectly.

Old 06-29-2021, 10:03 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Linescreamer ,
I see what you mean, if your year vehicle has factory built-in Bluetooth for music (as I believe it does) then there really is no need for the media in port for the way you want to use it, what the cables I listed allowed was the use of many different connection options, my 2010 factory Infotainment system that I installed does not have BT music streaming capability, that's why I used the BT dongle ($89) into the media port.

For your vehicle, have your watched this video, as your year vehicle has a two step setup for BT, first step for BT phone calls, second step for BT music.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 06-29-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2021, 11:48 AM
Linescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud ofLinescreamer has much to be proud of
Oh I understand. Sounds like before 2012 there was no Bluetooth phone option. Yes, I have watched that video several times. I posted about this before and didn't get a response from any 2012-2018 owners. If you watch that video at the 2:01 minute mark, he selects media player. That option isn't highlighted on my system. Media player text is there, but not lit up and therefore I can't choose it as a streaming option. I wounder if my scan is telling me something here? Maybe the software needs updating? I don't really know how to use the Ross Tech to help diagnose this further. Any help would be appreciated.