Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 GT navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 12:03 PM
6pak is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 GT navigation

Hi to all i am a first time owner of a 2007 Bentley GT the car is Canadian owned and came without the CD navigation disc (Bentley part number 3W0919859N) and the nav display in the infotainment unit is requesting for the disc to be loaded.
I have contacted numerous Bentley dealerships here in Canada , searched the web only to be told that the disc has been discontinued. Is there anyone out there have a disc for sale,borrow or copy .

Old 07-03-2021, 02:23 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @6pak ,
The part number that you posted is for a DVD disc, not a CD disc as you stated, what version NAV system does your 2007 have, CD based, or DVD based, as some have said that their early 2007 is CD, were the later 07, or 08 is DVD.

If you have a DVD based system, then these BMW discs will work for you.

Edit: he sold out...
I will report when I find other.

If you have the CD based system, I have the 7 disc set, including Canada available.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-13-2021 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Registered PM
nsandham is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would you bother trying to update the antiquated Bentley nav system when you can use your phone (always up to date) to navigate? I have a 2007 GTC and I disconnected my nav system.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:15 AM
Thanks Johnny for that information i will be taking delivery of the vehicle next week then ill know exactly what system i have. If i do have the CD based system can i contact you regarding the discs

Old 07-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nsandham
Why would you bother trying to update the antiquated Bentley nav system when you can use your phone (always up to date) to navigate? I have a 2007 GTC and I disconnected my nav system.
​​​​​​Hello @nsandham ,
Your comment as the Bentley system being "antiquated" is not totally accurate, in my GT re-build I installed the Bentley DVD NAV drive and a NAIM for Bentley Infotainment head unit in place of my original CD NAV drive system, what I found out on my drive this past Sunday was that the system be it old and from a 2010 GTC, it would give me alternative routes, and announcements, I was driving along 95 and this voice said "Police reported ahead", I was like where the heck did that come from, and just ahead were the two police vehicles, when I stopped at the next service area and checked my phone, that wasn't it, it was the Bentley NAV system, I found the setting for announcements to be on.

The BMW DVD HIGH discs worked just fine for my trip from New Jersey to Rhode Island.

Johnny

Old 07-06-2021, 11:56 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by 6pak
Thanks Johnny for that information i will be taking delivery of the vehicle next week then ill know exactly what system i have. If i do have the CD based system can i contact you regarding the discs
​​​​​​Hello @6pak ,

Of course.

Johnny

Old 07-29-2021, 07:01 AM
Hi Johnny, i took delivery of my 2007 gt and found it had the DVD navigation player installed, i ordered the discs from e bay as you had suggested and installed them and it works fine . Thank you for your guidance
6pak

Old 08-13-2021, 05:51 AM
EJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud ofEJag66 has much to be proud of
Johnny,
The link to eBay is dead, do you have the DVD PN handy? My 2012 is in need of a serious update. According to my NAV I spend most of my time off road here in southern MD.
Thanks

Old 08-13-2021, 08:25 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by EJag66
Johnny,
The link to eBay is dead, do you have the DVD PN handy? My 2012 is in need of a serious update. According to my NAV I spend most of my time off road here in southern MD.
Thanks
Hello ​​​​​​@EJag66 ,
Sorry, but that listing that sold out was for the 2007 to 2011 North America Bentley DVD NAV system, not your 2012 system, as 2012 and newer use a different system, I have an original like new 3W0 919 859 CF version 7 (2015) NAV DVD for your 2012 available, they list for $880.00 at Bentley, I paid $425 after being told that it would work with my 2010 head unit, but it didn't, that's when I found out about the different systems of the DVD NAV drives, as we all know, the 04 to some 07 had a CD based system, whereas 2007 and newer have a DVD based system, but the DVD system changed format for North America's 2012 and newer Bentley's. I will take a loss...

You can PM me.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-13-2021 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:18 PM
tteplitzmd is an unknown quantity at this point
Where is the navigation DVD in my 2013 GTC?
My MB E350 wagon has it in the back of the cargo area under a plastic cover.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:44 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by tteplitzmd
Where is the navigation DVD in my 2013 GTC?
My MB E350 wagon has it in the back of the cargo area under a plastic cover.
​​​​​​Hello @tteplitzmd ,
I have not had my hands on a 2013 infotainment head unit, so I can only give you my thoughts as to where your NAV DVD disc is located.

I have read two different opinions of functionality for the updated system as you have in your 2013, I believe that you do not have the NAV disc drive in the glovebox as the early models do, so I believe that your NAV disc is inserted in the slot as shown in the picture below, now what I recall reading is that your system uses the DVD NAV disc and the built-in 30GB HDD to navigate, I also vaguely remember someone saying that one would insert the Factory Bentley NAV DVD disc into the slot, then the data on the disc would be loaded to the 30GB HDD, and then the NAV DVD disc would be removed and stored for safe keeping if needed later to reload, again, I have no idea if this last part is even factual, just what I have read in the past, I believe that the disc stays in the head unit.

So, please tell us if your NAV DVD disc is in the slot pictured.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-19-2021 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:07 PM
I got both! Slots as in your picture and in the glove box.
I have learned not to do anything on this car I don't understand. I haven't even used music CD's yet.
I'm going to look at the manual and see if it says anything about the NAV DVD.

My NAV works OK, and there's no compelling reason to update it, but it's nice to know how I would.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:15 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by tteplitzmd
I got both! Slots as in your picture and in the glove box.
I have learned not to do anything on this car I don't understand. I haven't even used music CD's yet.
I'm going to look at the manual and see if it says anything about the NAV DVD.

My NAV works OK, and there's no compelling reason to update it, but it's nice to know how I would.
@tteplitzmd ,
Please post a picture of the disc drive in your glovebox.

Johnny

Old 08-19-2021, 06:17 PM
This weekend.

At least it looked liked a cd/dvd player in the glove box. I could be wrong. I definitely have the slot above the display.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:42 AM
navigation dvd for my 2013 gtc

I have a CD slot (maybe DVD too?) above the display and a multi cd changer in the glove box.
I am assuming the DVD was loaded into memory for the navigation (it's dated 2012 for the 2013 gtc)
photo of the glovebox below:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT navigation