BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

[Vid] Modded E92 M3 DCT vs. Modded E60 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 06:36 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mspiredm3
Wow, very impressive!!! Your car is going to be a beast with some boost!!!!!!!!
Fun times ahead my Boost Brotha.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:38 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by L8Apex
That's a strong e92. How do you like the DCT?
Love it, I definently think it's one of the advantages.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by aus
Thanks for the vid.
No problem!

Originally Posted by st06m3
Nice run Drew.

Your car is badass to have ran neck and neck with a modded M5. Cant wait to see what your beast does with your next mod.
Thanks Brotha, although it was neck and neck for awhile, he did start creeping away as expected, plus he had 20" wheels, regardless I'm very happy with the results!

Old 04-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jmoney
I doubt that if he was gonna pull he was gonna pull anyway not all of a sudden.

Good run Drew!
Thanks J!

Old 04-25-2009, 06:52 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Nice run Drew. I was actually surprised that it was so close. Bring on the boost.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
not bad . the m5 is a beast up top. he would have put lengths on you if you kept going.

have you raced him from a dig? i'd be interested if you could pull him down low.
No runs from a dig, but we all plan on hitting the track in the near future.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by SaintGT2
Nice run Drew. I was actually surprised that it was so close. Bring on the boost.
Thanks Bro, always good hearing from you man, can't wait for the boost.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Well the M3 held up very well, considering its power deficit. And you know what if you held on to him up to 130 mph....how much faster would you realistically race to on the street?
I'm with you 130 is enough for me, but no doubt the M5 shines up top.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 PM
MPower82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
No runs from a dig, but we all plan on hitting the track in the near future.

+1 on this bro. I am definitely looking forward to tearing up some asphalt.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
so when are you gonna supercharge it drew?

Old 04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
MCJ
MCJ will become famous soon enoughMCJ will become famous soon enough
Mexico = swine flu

Nice runs!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Finally people are starting to see what I have been saying for a long time now.

I actually got a ton of **** when I said my modded DCT walked a stock M5 on M5board and Gustav banned me for it.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
not bad . the m5 is a beast up top. he would have put lengths on you if you kept going.

have you raced him from a dig? i'd be interested if you could pull him down low.
The M3 is superior from a dig, much better launch control.

Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
keang24 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CURI0

I actually got a ton of **** when I said my modded DCT walked a stock M5 on M5board and Gustav banned me for it.
I want to see you and Drew run, you guys have very similar mods...Please make it happen

Old 04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
MPower82 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CURI0

walked from what speed to what speed? Up to 100, the M5 is barely building up.

The results all depend from starting speed and gear.

I learned that today, I went way too low for my powerband and almost paid the price. If we would have started closer to 65, the race would have been different. But the M3 would already be in third and would only have 4th and 5th gears of hard acceleration. It is all a gearing and RPM game, IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Vid] Modded E92 M3 DCT vs. Modded E60 M5