BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

[Vid] Modded E92 M3 DCT vs. Modded E60 M5

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CURI0
Maybe you should talk when you actually have a running car? How long has ASR been working on your turbo setup again? Run your mouth when you actually have the car, if they can deliver.

People can beat your M5 on foot as of right now.
Curio Curio Curio you just do not fail to be consistent.
The project is on going. The 135 and 335 TT upgrades were first in the cooker.
BTW the 135 will crush your M3.
Oh btw just a thought, have you run a 997 GT3RS? Just curious Curio. Do such a run out there a give a video. Only asked because I have a comparison in mind to further the discussion.
The ASR M5 V10 TT motor is coming. Don't you worry your little self. You know the saying ... good things come to those that wait.

Now on another subject. Come on Curio run 11's with your M3. Better yet run nitrous (since you say it is so easy to do) and run a 10.56 sec pass.
Find an expert to devise a nitrous set up for you. Create the software files for nitrous and hook you up.
You talk talk talk, well then do do do. Get set up and run 10's. Come on you can do it. The M5 sucks right?
Okay lets just say run mid 11's how's that?

Buddy I defended you and was on your side back when you were having it out with the Lexus IS-F guys.
I like a confrontation as much as the next man BUT guy be reasonable on this.
We are in the ///M family but different class yet you still want to contest and stick your finger in peoples eye.

The M3 is a great car but don't stress yourself out comparing.
I will re-state, come on run mid 11's. Hell a 4350 lb (w/ driver) M5 ran a 10.57 pass. Lets see what your M3 runs on the juice.

Buddy go luck to you. Maybe one day we'll run. The M5 or heck run you w/ the GT3RS.

Cheers and stay
Ranger

Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey Curio another minor point to your comments about ASR.
The fully built TT motor for this car will be a first.
Maybe you do not comprehend the level of first time fabrication that is required in the project. That's okay. I along with another M5Board member will endure the build of the first two engines. After this all components will be readily produced. We also waited for release of new turbo technology that has come along, opposite to the original turbos considered.
Tell me how long to you think Dinan worked on the development of the stroker motor before release? I'll bet it was more than 5 to 6 months and they have a hugh facility and manpower by comparison.

Come to think of it I do not know why I bothered to explain.

Run hard Curio

Ranger

Old 04-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Very impressive, Drew! I'm actually surprised by the outcome.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:53 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Very impressive, Drew! I'm actually surprised by the outcome.
Thanks Bro! I completely agree with you on that Scott. Based on the run with my buddies 6mt, I believe the DCT is an advantage, but the HFC's do seem to add the most power and he had all 4 stock cats.

GIAC will be doing another round of tuning on my car as well. I will try and run another M5 to be sure, although Eddie dynoed 426 on a DD's, either way I was very happy with the results.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
tightie is on a distinguished road
Nice runs.

Eddie, I want a run too.

Anyone have a stock m5? RPI M5s are alot faster, I just want to collect some data.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:01 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
GT3 for someone who knows everything, you seem to may or may not know anything. An E90/92 M3 trapping 120-121???? Off the spray? Where?

I never said I have an M3, see what happens when you make assumptions?

Congrats are in order to you, or should I say your wallet...since you are not building the car or doing R and D. It's mainly your wallet that's responsible for the car coming to fruition. Congrats on funding an incredibly expensive way to run 10's!

Old 04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Curio Curio Curio you just do not fail to be consistent.
The project is on going. The 135 and 335 TT upgrades were first in the cooker.
BTW the 135 will crush your M3.
Oh btw just a thought, have you run a 997 GT3RS? Just curious Curio. Do such a run out there a give a video. Only asked because I have a comparison in mind to further the discussion.
The ASR M5 V10 TT motor is coming. Don't you worry your little self. You know the saying ... good things come to those that wait.

Now on another subject. Come on Curio run 11's with your M3. Better yet run nitrous (since you say it is so easy to do) and run a 10.56 sec pass.
Find an expert to devise a nitrous set up for you. Create the software files for nitrous and hook you up.
You talk talk talk, well then do do do. Get set up and run 10's. Come on you can do it. The M5 sucks right?
Okay lets just say run mid 11's how's that?

Buddy I defended you and was on your side back when you were having it out with the Lexus IS-F guys.
I like a confrontation as much as the next man BUT guy be reasonable on this.
We are in the ///M family but different class yet you still want to contest and stick your finger in peoples eye.

The M3 is a great car but don't stress yourself out comparing.
I will re-state, come on run mid 11's. Hell a 4350 lb (w/ driver) M5 ran a 10.57 pass. Lets see what your M3 runs on the juice.

Buddy go luck to you. Maybe one day we'll run. The M5 or heck run you w/ the GT3RS.

Cheers and stay
Ranger
Who said the M5 sucks? Obviously I like M cars, I'm just a fan of this thing called reality.

Oh, I am sure the ASR kit is coming, some day.

You will see my car running some very nice times next month, when I have a track date scheduled. You will know what I run and on what. I have a feeling you will be singing a very different tune.

Yes, we are all an M family, but don't act like you are not guilty of counting your chickens before they hatch.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Hey Curio another minor point to your comments about ASR.
The fully built TT motor for this car will be a first.
Maybe you do not comprehend the level of first time fabrication that is required in the project. That's okay. I along with another M5Board member will endure the build of the first two engines. After this all components will be readily produced. We also waited for release of new turbo technology that has come along, opposite to the original turbos considered.
Tell me how long to you think Dinan worked on the development of the stroker motor before release? I'll bet it was more than 5 to 6 months and they have a hugh facility and manpower by comparison.

Come to think of it I do not know why I bothered to explain.

Run hard Curio

Ranger
Dinan has this thing called a track record. ASR has... well they threw nitrous on an M5 and now all of a sudden they are making twin turbo kits for M5's? I think you chose the wrong company and I think ASR is not capable of building this in house. Any development updates? Photos? Anything?

They could not even do the tuning for the 335, even though Abid claimed he did. When I actually pointed out Vishnu did the tuning for him, he threw a hissy fit.

I would love nothing more than to see your project complete and up an running. I'm afraid it will turn into a Killer Angel, lots of talk, many years wasted, eventually everyone stops caring.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Murtaza
Relatively. Or are going to pretend your M3 has the fit, finish and interior quality of an M5?

You describe the M5 as slow and one dimensional when in reality it's a 4 door supercar thats recieved rave reviews for years. Different car, different purpose.
Fit and finish and interior quality of an M5? You act like you are comparing a Rolls to a Chevrolet when really they are sourcing the same parts. The M3 may be cramped for a 300 pound lineman, the M5 would be too.

Yes, different car, different purpose. Although the M3 does come with 4 doors if someone wants... and can do more than just top speed runs.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by germeezy1
You need to school other M5 owners on how to drive. I always pound M5 and M6's badly from a 60 mph roll, in fact never lost to one. I am trapping maybe 120-121 off the nitrous on a good day and with them trapping as high as 118-119 it should be alot closer.
Okay you wrote this post #31. Based on the content of this thread and your post it appeared you were describing your experiences against M5's with your M3.
You stated you're trapping 120-121 off nitrous.

So what do you drive that you "pound" M5 and M6's badly plus run 120-121 traps?

Read your above post sir. I agree I do not know you so I assumed based on the thread you chimed in with your M3 experience.
I will add sir, you do not know me. Your comments about my wallet diminishes your discussion. What the hell is up with that sir. You sound petty. You have NO IDEA of the merits of what I've earned based on my life sacrifices.
Sir your comments are extremely off base.

Enjoy your car sir whatever you drive.

Ranger

Old 04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned
tightie how's your M3 coming along? I can't wait to see your results.
Your M3 will be a killer.
Keep us posted with your results.
Great choice of modding. It's making me think about getting an M6 and a bolt on G-Power SC'er kit.

Best of luck

Ranger

Old 04-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Murtaza will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I never said I have an M3, see what happens when you make assumptions?
Nothing in this thread is more ridiculous then you saying you're beating M5 and M6's all day running 121 traps off NOS while refusing to disclose what you drive. Please do not reproduce, thanks.

Originally Posted by CURI0
Fit and finish and interior quality of an M5? You act like you are comparing a Rolls to a Chevrolet when really they are sourcing the same parts. The M3 may be cramped for a 300 pound lineman, the M5 would be too.

Yes, different car, different purpose. Although the M3 does come with 4 doors if someone wants... and can do more than just top speed runs.
I guess we should both get 135's, same source for interior and all right?

Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned
Curio you're a funny guy.
Buddy go out and run better times. I would love to see it.
Get into the 11's. I would give you the total credit.
I am a hardass but not an @$$hole.

Look forward to your results.

BTW do not worry or concern yourself with the TT project.

Good luck buddy,

Ranger

Old 04-27-2009, 05:15 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Okay you wrote this post #31. Based on the content of this thread and your post it appeared you were describing your experiences against M5's with your M3.
You stated you're trapping 120-121 off nitrous.

So what do you drive that you "pound" M5 and M6's badly plus run 120-121 traps?

Read your above post sir. I agree I do not know you so I assumed based on the thread you chimed in with your M3 experience.
I will add sir, you do not know me. Your comments about my wallet diminishes your discussion. What the hell is up with that sir. You sound petty. You have NO IDEA of the merits of what I've earned based on my life sacrifices.
Sir your comments are extremely off base.

Enjoy your car sir whatever you drive.

Ranger
The original poster I am sure and Curio would say that your comments are off base. So now that your the subject of said name calling that you were dishing out it did not feel so good did it? Unsubscribing from this thread that has degraded into name calling and people taking credit for cars they did not build.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:19 PM
[quote=Murtaza;2363115]Nothing in this thread is more ridiculous then you saying you're beating M5 and M6's all day running 121 traps off NOS while refusing to disclose what you drive. Please do not reproduce, thanks.

So now we have an internet tough guy? Since this thread started to degrade into whose you know what is bigger than whose you know what I threw it out there. Now do you guys see how stupid it is to turn this thread into a pissing match?

Unsubscribing from this thread, sorry if anyone was offended.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: [Vid] Modded E92 M3 DCT vs. Modded E60 M5