BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

for X5m and X6m owners! be Careful! Advise needed!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 AM
eric001 will become famous soon enougheric001 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down for X5m and X6m owners! be Careful! Advise needed!

I just sent my x6m to dealer because there a very loud noise when i break my car.

The car sits in the bmw store for two days, and they just told me they cannot do anyting about it even though they changed pad, there is still a noise coming from the break.

They said all the x6m and x5m have the same problem, BMW is still trying to find a solution and there will be a recall

WTF do not know how long they want me to wait!~!!!

Old 04-14-2010, 02:33 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
performance brakes sometimes squeak......

Old 04-14-2010, 06:41 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Loud noise as in what? Squeal? Clattering? Front or rear? One side or the other?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
Loud noise as in what? Squeal? Clattering? Front or rear? One side or the other?
it is squeal, both front and rear have that noise

Old 04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Squeal unfortunately is perfectly normal for high performance brakes. It's especially true if you mostly drive in the city where brake dust builds up more. A good hard stop coming off the highway will usually clear it up for a little while.

The only real solution is different backing plates (rare to find) or different pads.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Squeal unfortunately is perfectly normal for high performance brakes. It's especially true if you mostly drive in the city where brake dust builds up more. A good hard stop coming off the highway will usually clear it up for a little while.

The only real solution is different backing plates (rare to find) or different pads.
thanks a lot

i am thinking to get the brembo kit, do not know if it will help

Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
We have installed quite a few setups with Brembo GT kits and none of them had problems with noises. The only Brembo setup that will make noise is the GTR kit.

Let me know if I can help you out with a Brembo setup. We are a Brembo distributor and we are direct with them.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:16 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !

yup correct!!! This is normal on high performance brakes, and these are needed to slow down the big beast.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Definitely normal. It rreally surprised me that the x6m/x5m didn't even have slotted/drilled rotors. Crappy M brakes...Not a new story.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
my ml63 did the same so they replaced rotors ....maybe ceramic pads?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Definitely normal. It rreally surprised me that the x6m/x5m didn't even have slotted/drilled rotors. Crappy M brakes...Not a new story.
i'd guess it's because of the weight of the vehicles.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Banned
Skylin818 has a spectacular aura aboutSkylin818 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by eric001
I just sent my x6m to dealer because there a very loud noise when i break my car.

The car sits in the bmw store for two days, and they just told me they cannot do anyting about it even though they changed pad, there is still a noise coming from the break.

They said all the x6m and x5m have the same problem, BMW is still trying to find a solution and there will be a recall

WTF do not know how long they want me to wait!~!!!

I'd say chill and let them sort it out, Would you rather have a "BRAKING" failure due to a something that might be more worse then what it is ?.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
RCNJ is on a distinguished road
I here you man...my M has the same problem and my service adviser said they are aware of the situation and trying to find a solution. Mine only squeal in reverse and now with 5k miles its not as bad.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Automotive Connoisseur
We have installed quite a few setups with Brembo GT kits and none of them had problems with noises. The only Brembo setup that will make noise is the GTR kit.

Let me know if I can help you out with a Brembo setup. We are a Brembo distributor and we are direct with them.
could you pm me the price for the brembo kit for x6m

Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
TTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of lightTTCarrera is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Definitely normal. It really surprised me that the x6m/x5m didn't even have slotted/drilled rotors. Crappy M brakes...Not a new story.
Don't agree on the crappy brakes part. The brakes on my X6M are awesome. Have you actually seen them? The front rotors are the biggest I've ever seen and the stop the vehicle smoothly, quickly and effortlessly from even hyper speeds.

Not sure why they'd need to be drilled or slotted....the X6M or X5M isn't purpose-built for the track where heat dissipation is essential...unless you're using it to tow your track car to the track.

BTW, mine only squeal when I back it out of the garage if the rotors were wet the last time I drove it. The sound is from the pads wiping off the ferrous build-up on the rotors. The squeal is gone after the first stop sign or red light.

Put up with it...it's the sound of confidence.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: for X5m and X6m owners! be Careful! Advise needed!