BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Need your thoughts.... x5 M

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:50 AM
pai
pai is infamous around these parts
Need your thoughts.... x5 M

I am looking to get my first SUV ever and I found a used 2010 x5 M for $K iwth 8k miles (local BMW dealer). The original sticker was 96ish and has all possible options. No damage/clean history, not a CPO. I wasnt in the market for a M powered SUV but at k i am thinking to get it....I am surprised that in one year it has lost nearly K. So guys Deal or no deal??

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-08-2010 at 12:31 PM. Reason: not in open forum
Old 10-01-2010, 11:54 AM
ajkinc22 is infamous around these parts
i think its a great deal let me know what you do and what color is it???

Old 10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
UAV
UAV is infamous around these parts
Fantastic car, all the convenience of an SUV but drives like a sports car. I think that you will really enjoy it! Good luck and post pictures if you get it.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 PM
wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !wpgfordguy Is a GOD !
My neighbor across the street has one and loves it..

Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 PM
rominl is infamous around these parts
i think that's a pretty darn good deal. with 8k miles, you still have plenty of warranty left. it's one fantastic car. very heavy but bmw still make it drive pretty darn good. honestly, i say go for it

Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 PM
pai
Thanks guys. It's blk on blk. I will keep you posted. Anything negative bat the deal or car?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Torn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud ofTorn has much to be proud of
Go for it, theres a white x5m in my town, the owner loves it! Everytime I run into him, he happens to be at the car wash lmfao. Its very intoxicating for an SUV

Old 10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
V8HAHA is infamous around these parts
If you need an SUV, the X5 M is the closest thing you'll find a fun one. That thing is insane!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Do it. If I'd been in the market for a SUV, I would have snapped that up in a hearbeat.

No negatives whatseover as far as I can tell.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 PM
pai
Closed the deal! Picking it up tomorrow! yipee!

Also, How many of you have bought the tire and wheel protection plan through BMW? I wanted to get it as the car has run flats and can be expensive to replace. I feel the dealer took me for a ride since i paid $1550 (unlimited for 5yrs) .

Did not feel the pinch when i signed the papers....but when i look at it in isolation felt like a lot

would love to hear if anyone has bought this protection and for how much

Old 10-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Porsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the roughPorsche119 is a jewel in the rough
If Im keeping the car I usually get it. If you are getting another set of wheels...not snows, but for show then you should not get it as they will see little use. If you are city driving a lot etc. then you may want to consider it.
5 years is a long time, but look at your tire/wheel record over the past 5 years and see if you had to replace tires/wheels from nails/road damage etc and assume you might have the same scenario. Price out the tires...maybe $450, rims maybe $650, so for $1550 if you keep the car for 5 years you would probably need to go through a few tires and a wheel...know what I mean. Try some math on it, but either way, its insurance. Sometimes when you get it you never have a problem. I think I saw you were in Boston area...Im North Shore area but Im sure I will see you around...
D
Oh...and by the way. If I do get extras I always negotiate them down...1/2 or 3/4. But dont let it get you down either way. You are buying a sick car. Just enjoy it! and congrats!

Old 10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
DT007 is infamous around these parts
I've never been a fan of the tire wheel pkg.. However at that $ for 5 years you are probably OK.. Not sure of the size wheels on the M but our T-Reg doesn't have close to the HP and it chews through tires.. 295/35/21 $500ea. That said w/ your milage ~20k/year I think you'll get your $1,500 worth.

Old 10-08-2010, 12:30 PM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
I have an X5M and LOVE IT.
if you need winter tires/wheels, they are very expensive as only M wheels by BMW work. i had checked everywhere for them

Old 10-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
If based on just pure power potential I say do it. We are getting 670hp out of them with Hamann's ECU/Full exhaust package with downpipes.

http://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en/...h-evo-m/video/

Old 10-08-2010, 05:26 PM
aus
aus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud ofaus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pai
Closed the deal! Picking it up tomorrow! yipee!

Also, How many of you have bought the tire and wheel protection plan through BMW? I wanted to get it as the car has run flats and can be expensive to replace. I feel the dealer took me for a ride since i paid $1550 (unlimited for 5yrs) .

Did not feel the pinch when i signed the papers....but when i look at it in isolation felt like a lot

would love to hear if anyone has bought this protection and for how much
You should get at least 2 sets of tires out of them over 5 years. There's usually a lot of negative camber on X5's so the inside wears out a lot faster than the outside of the tire.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need your thoughts.... x5 M