BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

What available mods for the new 4.4 V8TT?

Old 01-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
What available mods for the new 4.4 V8TT?

I just got a new 2011 550i and I love it. Great car inside and out. Have the black kidney grills, the carbon fiber rear spoiler, and BMW Performance group 20" upgrade wheels.

What power mods are currently available?
Are there lowering springs for it?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Dinan has a flash for it that is covered under the same warranty that came with the car. 4yr/50,000 miles.

The Dinan will give boost the 550 to 495HP and 573lb of torque and they are discounting the flash $600...if you are a BMW CC member you get another 10% off which is roughly another $220.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
I don't like Dinan, I wonder do any of the local sponsor tuners here have any tunes for the F10 550i?
I see a couple shops on Google have reached 612-620HP with their upgrades.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:56 AM
B.King is on a distinguished road
Dinan is a pretty damn solid company, I had good experiences with them in the past.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:20 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
dinan stuff blows, they are very very mild , deffinately the worts bang for your buck when it comes to tuners.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by unvmy996
dinan stuff blows, they are very very mild , deffinately the worts bang for your buck when it comes to tuners.
Not to mention plenty of times on the dyno their stuff never put out the power "rated" at.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by unvmy996
You are paying for the fact that you get to retain the factory warranty. If it was the most extreme tune on the edge of grenading the motor, they wouldn't be able to warranty it. Who purchases a brand new 2011 car and does a modification right away that voids the warranty forever? We all know how much these cars cost to repair if its not covered. We have the Dinan software on our 335i and it completely transformed the car. Recently one of the turbos seized which has been happening more and more commonly to these cars, and it would have been thousands to repair if not covered.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:29 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cscat
You are paying for the fact that you get to retain the factory warranty. If it was the most extreme tune on the edge of grenading the motor, they wouldn't be able to warranty it. Who purchases a brand new 2011 car and does a modification right away that voids the warranty forever?
I agree.

I'm sniffing around their X5M tune (610bhp).

Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I am by no means a Dinan backer. I've had my pissed off moments with them. Big money and crap results. Don't get me started about the Dinan TB's for the E60 M5.
Now more importantly be very care with this so called backing with the factory warranty. There have several stories about when the $h!t hits the fan Dinan splitting hairs and leaving the customer in the cold.
Be very careful.

Ranger

Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 AM
Just wanted to follow up that I'm still loving the new 550i.
Great value for $ -- a V8TT that revs to 7K.
GREAT transmission, very fast manual shifting with revmatching.
Fantastic interior, aggressive exterior with my upgraded wheels. I also like the carbon fiber spoiler, exhaust tips, and more.

iphone pics.
car is Graphite Metallic exterior, Oyster/Black interior

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM
Cscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of lightCscat is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
I am by no means a Dinan backer. I've had my pissed off moments with them. Big money and crap results. Don't get me started about the Dinan TB's for the E60 M5.
Now more importantly be very care with this so called backing with the factory warranty. There have several stories about when the $h!t hits the fan Dinan splitting hairs and leaving the customer in the cold.
Be very careful.

Ranger
I'm sure those are extreme cases. We had the BMW dealer that we purchased the car from install the Dinan software and oil cooler on our 335i, and a seized turbo and a couple fuel pumps later, there has never been an issue with the repairs being covered. If we had went with one of the aftermarket tuners that make slightly more power such as Burger, Vishnu, etc, we would have been screwed; or at least had to run around like mad men trying to put it all back to stock and hoping no codes came up. Dinan is peace of mind. I'd be damned if we got stuck with the bill due to a part that the actual dealer installed.

Fantasma- Great car! Show us the interior.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cscat
You are paying for the fact that you get to retain the factory warranty.
I was under the impression that the factory warranty was no longer legitimate, and that Dinan themselves provided a "new" identical warranty through their company program.

Is this not the case?

I have also read that they welch on the warranty leaving the owner with a broken car.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
OP that's one beautiful automobile! I'm really impressed by the new 5 series especially after driving a loaner for a couple of days. For factory wheels those look great!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by KoalaSlim
I was under the impression that the factory warranty was no longer legitimate, and that Dinan themselves provided a "new" identical warranty through their company program.

Is this not the case?

I have also read that they welch on the warranty leaving the owner with a broken car.
The dealer that we got our 335 at is also an authorized Dinan dealer, so I have no clue who actually picked up the tab. We just bring the car in the same as always, and pick it up a couple days later with no problems.

Old 01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
V8HAHA is on a distinguished road
My issue with Dinan is that they're to conservative on their mods/tunes while aggressive on their marketing of "rated HP." Just not worth $$$ IMO

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What available mods for the new 4.4 V8TT?