BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

335I Gets New Wheels, Brakes, and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
335I Gets New Wheels, Brakes, and Exhaust

Vivid Racing's BMW 335I project car is back in business after being sent out to R&D. Some great additions have recently been added. First we wanted to step up the look and stance of the car with the new lowering springs. We added Volk TE37 Mag Blue 19" wheels. The stickys are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires in a staggard fitment. The front tires are 235/35/19 and the rears are 265/30/19.
Next we wanted to give the car some serious braking. Even though the factory brakes are quite large, the vehicles power is definitely stronger then the brakes. We had Rotora develop a big brake kit off of our 335I. The front is a 6piston caliper with a 355mm rotor and the rear is a 4piston caliper also with a 355mm rotor. The kit includes steel braided brakes and brake pads. To give the pedal feel a firm response under all condition, we used Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid.

Finally, we revisited our exhaust system by Agency Power to produce something that made great power, looked flawless, and sounded amazing. The new Agency Power catback exhaust system includes titanium tips, single muffler design, and 2.5" full 321 polished stainless steel piping.

Enjoy all the pictures from the install and products here -
http://www.myvividracing.com/gallery...ages.php?c=102

Sound clip coming soon!

Old 04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
so much room under there!

Old 04-10-2007, 04:01 PM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
NOt feeling those wheels...sorry..

Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Just added exhaust sound clip. Sound sweet!

http://www.myvividracing.com/showthread.php?t=20832

Old 04-10-2007, 06:53 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
A little too much JDM flavor IMO.
Nice parts, though. Just think some different wheels would help most!

*Doesn't a BOV dampen the 335i performance?

Last edited by WyattH; 04-10-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
evilb will become famous soon enough
Lightweight and strong they may be, but good looking they are not. I mean really... those wheels are horrible! Some Ronal Bears might look better

Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Former Vendor
hate hate hate hate hate!

The BOV does not affect the performance. Different intake BOV setup then a normal turbo car.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
Well done, but not feeling the wheels and BOV..too ricey. I am interested in the exhaust however. Do you have HP/Torque numbers of base and then with exhaust?

Old 04-12-2007, 10:27 PM
JNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to allJNRSM3 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Raz5219
Well done, but not feeling the wheels and BOV..too ricey. I am interested in the exhaust however. Do you have HP/Torque numbers of base and then with exhaust?
i'm eager to see this as well.

sorry if this was answered on a previous thread, but is the car chipped? if so, were there any dyno runs b4 and after the chip?

Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 PM
evilb will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by vividracing
hate hate hate hate hate!

The BOV does not affect the performance. Different intake BOV setup then a normal turbo car.
Not hating, man, just stating an opinion. Looks like this car was modified for function over form, and that's cool if it's going to be a track car.

It's a shame that you sell such beautiful wheels, though, and went with those Volk's!

Brad

Old 04-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
The dyno runs we will post soon. We are adding the ECU computer as well too. So stay tuned.

As far as the wheels...Volks are the best lightweight racing wheels. They are run on some of the rawest JGTC and JDM race cars around. 1 piece forged. Stylish, functional, and lightweight. We have put enough 3 piece wheels on cars. Strictly for fashion they are.

You are entitled to an opinion... but i will keep my to mine to myself.

Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Danny Boy....sounds like a Jap car with a Fart Can on it......no!

Old 04-13-2007, 02:32 PM
Former Vendor
my only come back is... your a fart can! LOL

Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vividracing
my only come back is... your a fart can! LOL
he he

Old 04-21-2007, 12:08 PM
3TARD is on a distinguished road
Very nicely done, but if those Volk's were 20's with polished lips and were concave rears you would have yourself a real dime piece.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335I Gets New Wheels, Brakes, and Exhaust