Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman clear engine cover.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 PM
JP66 will become famous soon enoughJP66 will become famous soon enough
Cayman clear engine cover.

What do you guys think of this?

Only $650!

Old 09-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
Need to resize the pics...but i think it is FANTASTIC! My only thoughts are this: Is there insulation that was removed that will allow heat to infiltrate the cabin?

Trevor

Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
very kool... does anyone know if the clear cover gets dirty and needs cleaning often?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen it and i LOVE IT!.....but i wont do it while i still daily my Cayman. I just drive too much to deal with the possible heat/dirt/noise that will most likely come from a mod like this.

That being said, once i get a DD in place (next 60 days) i will look to do this as one of my very next mods

Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
Where do you buy this cover?

Trevor

Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Silly mod... This is a not a good looking or big enough engine to showcase it. Leave the cover on.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Jp66

Very Cool Indeed!!! HIP DESIGN is a local Engineer /Scientist in the WA area .A very cool guy an his CEC design has been Tested and proven to be a sucess in all areas of concern.
Check it out for yourself .Oh and the PRICE!!!! Unbeatable
http://www.hip-designllc.com/

Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
caugust is on a distinguished road
that's PIMP

Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
love it, and I don't even have a cayman.
joel

Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 AM
ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !ConcreteRon Is a GOD !
Take a look at Planet Porsche forum, they have tested and compared this and the two other companies with similar product. Lots of good, real world info.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:12 PM
06cs is on a distinguished road
i had this cover.

it is cosmetically superior to the other covers but it does generate a lot of the engine noise (mostly the higher pitches whines and whooshes from the belts and intake)

there is a slight increase in heat from the engine as well which i don't mind as much as the sound.

i must say, the looks you get with this and a painted engine are priceless....

Old 09-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Dammit,

Makes me want to buy a Cayman.

Dave

Old 09-27-2009, 04:08 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Silly mod... This is a not a good looking or big enough engine to showcase it. Leave the cover on.
Was thinking about it just as a weight savings?? Heck I thought about just totally leaving the engine cover off. Stop by the shop and see my Cay Drew, the modding is beginning dont want you to miss it, also of course it is Speed Yellow!!

Old 09-27-2009, 06:44 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
I think it looks great. But if you're going to show off the engine compartment, I think you should go ahead and do some custom paint on the motor, like the yellow or blue Cayman's in the above pictures.

Old 09-27-2009, 06:57 PM
fun911 is on a distinguished road
It looks awesome. Definate mod if I had a Cayman.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayman clear engine cover.