Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

987.2 exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
987.2 exhaust

Hi,

A friend of mine wants to improve the sound of his Non S Boxster, year 2010

I found only the Fabspeed exhaust for the 987.2 cars, but the sound is too quiet

Do you have any other options ?

Thanks !

Old 02-16-2010, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hi Carfan, you could do the Fabspeed exhaust with our Performance Headers with High Flow Cats for additional Horsepowr, Torque and Sound. That will give you a more aggressive sound that you are looking for and still keep you emissions legal.
Thanks,

Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
carfan

I agree with Alex my buddy has a fabspeed and when I am behind him it really sounds cool .
Also check out the Remus and the Borla .You cannott go wrong with any of these IMO

Old 02-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Bonerwall will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by carfan
Hi,

A friend of mine wants to improve the sound of his Non S Boxster, year 2010

I found only the Fabspeed exhaust for the 987.2 cars, but the sound is too quiet

Do you have any other options ?

Thanks !
Carfan,
I have an FVD exhaust (the louder Export/Sound version) on my 2009 Boxster S and it looks/sounds fantastic! I recommend it without a doubt!! I know they have the same exhaust for earlier 987.1 models and I am almost positive they have it available for your friend's 2.9 987.2. Give Rhonda a call at FVD and she will be most happy to answer all your questions - they are great people to work with!!

Old 02-16-2010, 06:05 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Thanks to you all for the info !

Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carfan
Thanks to you all for the info !
Carfan,

Here is the video of our muffler, wish I had more for you but this will give you a good idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-PdCP-fUg

Here is the link for the 2.9L mufflers on our website. This is the version in the video...

Feel free to contact me anytime as we have a very special offer currently running.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I put the FVD cat back on my 09 CS and I really like the sound. Also, the system is made from 316 stainless which is a plus. The customer service from Rhonda was fantastic.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:16 PM
duane315 is on a distinguished road
Fabspeed sounds great! The intake system from Fabspeed definately enhances sound. I have Fabspeed intake and exhaust on my boxster. Highly recommended!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:27 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Johnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to beholdJohnny Danger is a splendid one to behold
The quality, performance and great sound, that one gets from the FVD exhaust in unsurpassed. Its a beautifully crafted piece from M&M (they're the "big boys" behind the top tuners) in Germany. They made me a set of custom headers and high flow cats that are to die for !