Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TechArt, Bilstein, OZ's, etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:38 PM
charles06 is on a distinguished road
TechArt, Bilstein, OZ's, etc...

Just wanted to share some pictures of what I recently had done. These were taken in my driveway (not a photographer).

MODS:
Bilstein Damptronics
RSS Rear Toe Links
OZ Alleggerita 18's
Michelin PS2's
Porsche 5mm Spacers in rear
Cargraphic Exhaust (newer style) w/black tips
TechArt Lip, Side Skirts, Mirror Inserts
Black stone guards
Exhaust trim painted black

Also had the front painted due to rock chips and such.

I'd like to say thank you, again, to Sharkwerks, RSS, and Cargraphic. When I had a problem with the older Cargraphic exhaust, they went above and beyond to get me a newer one...for free. Additionally, I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Ultimate Audio in Orlando for doing all the work and making sure everything was perfect. Unbelievable customer service on all parts. Hope you like.

Attached Images      

Last edited by charles06; 02-19-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:41 PM
My attempt at being fancy...

Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
charles06

Car looks fantastic ! The whole kit so far looks perfect ,I really like the way the side skirts and front lip with the Bilstein Damptronics just sets this car up ,the rest is Gravey ..I can Imagine a Gt-3 rear bumper on this car and it would be OTH!!!!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Thanks for the compliments. The rear might be an option. However, I do like the way the side skirts flow into the the line on the rear bumper. I didn't even notice this at first. My step-mom thought I put a new rear bumper on because it flowed so well.

Last edited by charles06; 02-19-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by charles06
Just wanted to share some pictures of what I recently had done. These were taken in my driveway (not a photographer).

MODS:
Bilstein Damptronics
RSS Rear Toe Links
OZ Alleggerita 18's
Michelin PS2's
Porsche 5mm Spacers in rear
Cargraphic Exhaust (newer style) w/black tips
TechArt Lip, Side Skirts, Mirror Inserts
Black stone guards
Exhaust trim painted black

Also had the front painted due to rock chips and such.

I'd like to say thank you, again, to Sharkwerks, RSS, and Cargraphic. When I had a problem with the older Cargraphic exhaust, they went above and beyond to get me a newer one...for free. Additionally, I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to Ultimate Audio in Orlando for doing all the work and making sure everything was perfect. Unbelievable customer service on all parts. Hope you like.
Wow Charles in white she looks gorgeous! And again our pleasure and thanks for being so patient with the cargraphic system!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
looks very nice!

Old 02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
DJH
DJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really niceDJH is just really nice
One of the nicest Caymans I've seen!

Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled with how it came out. The new Cagraphic exhaust is amazing.

And Alex, I'm still waiting for my stickers... No hurry, though.

Old 02-24-2011, 01:26 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by charles06
Thanks everyone! I'm thrilled with how it came out. The new Cagraphic exhaust is amazing.

And Alex, I'm still waiting for my stickers... No hurry, though.
Sooo glad to hear that:P I only "looked/peaked" but didn't get to install On the decals... we actually had more mad now and they're here! I've got all silver... red/silver blue/silver just let me know which ones you like

Old 02-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Blue/silver works for me. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:05 PM
JoeBama is on a distinguished road
rock guard

Very nice!

Where did you get the black rock guards? Did the original just peel off or did you put it over it?

thanks.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:32 AM
The guards were made by someone locally who does work for the shop I use. I honestly don't know who made them.

They are applied directly over the stock ones, which are pretty yellow. I debated pulling them off, but figured I'd try over stock first. Makes it easier to line them up. The first set we put on start to peel back from the front side, so we put on another set. So far, so good. If they peel off again, I'll probably take off the stock ones, then try again. Problem is, the TechArt side skirts cover the lower part of the stock guards, so the skirts will have to come off if I go that route.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
One more question...

I have a silver C and am going to get the same OZ wheels. My question is what color wheels are those? Is that black or the anthracite? I think the anthracite looks like a lot of the others gunmetal color, which I think looks good. However, if I am going to trim the rest of the car in black, like you did, would that mismatch wheels to trim look odd. Yours looks matched.

Thanks for your guidance.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Mine are not black. I bought them used, and the receipt the gentleman had from Tire Rack lists them as "Titanium Tech"...not a color listed on their website. So, I'm actually not sure what color they are according to Tire Rack's listings. I think they are the shinier anthracite, not the darker matte color.

I think the darker matte would look good on your car, though. And as much as I like black wheels (have them on my H2), I feel that all black wheels look like they get lost in the wheel well. The black wheels on my H2 have silver bolts/accents that help. I had all black wheels on my S2000, and it looked like one big tire.

I feel like people forget that their tires are black, so you already have something that matches. I debated black, but I'm glad I found something else.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 AM
That is exactly what I am worried about. This makes me look closer at an off black/dark silver. The black wheels sometimes look like a "black hole". I think you nailed with the "one big tire". The gunmetal/anthracite shades gives it some contrast.

Somethings to consider. Thanks for your insight.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt, Bilstein, OZ's, etc...