Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally worked a deal to trade the PANA for a Spyder!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Finally worked a deal to trade the PANA for a Spyder!

This last year I have had 3 Porsches. My C4S coupe to a Panamera 4S and now to a Boxster Spyder! I must say I really liked the P4S for what it is, a great sedan, but the driving I do is not for commuting, but for fun. The Panamera wasn't doing it for me in that department. One thing is I really missed the driver interaction of a Manual shifter. The PDK was fantastic, but it certainly removes one a little for the driving experience I grew up with over the years.

I finally got the deal done on a low mileage one owner Spyder. Wasting no time once the weather cleared, I went in and traded-in the Panamera. I took the long way home in the Spyder, with some Interstate, twisties, even stop and go traffic lights. It performed well at all. I put the "Tent" up to see how loud it was and not bad. I saw a review that the top was loud above 50mph. Nothing to bother one in my opinion. Very firm ride with the sports suspension, but gives you a great feel for the road!

Sports exhaust is fantastic in this Boxster. Wanted it on the Panamera, but was not much of a difference to the stock exhaust. Great exhaust note on the Spyder even during highway cruising.

I guess I really made a change going from one of Porsche's heaviest cars to one of their lightest!

Just wanted to join the Boxster/Cayman forum with a few of my thoughts, oh and the obligatory few pics! My avatar already has been changed

Attached Images    
Old 03-30-2011, 06:53 PM
tonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud oftonka858 has much to be proud of
Congrats..

dealer must love you with all those trade ins

Old 03-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Atob is on a distinguished road
i havent seen one without the 19" spyder rims.... those look great on the black.. very nice.

Old 03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
cfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to beholdcfgtts is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Atob
i havent seen one without the 19" spyder rims.... those look great on the black.. very nice.
They look good. Can't say I can take credit for it as this car was someone elses. They were the wheels I had with my C4S.

I have to agree, they are growing on me!!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
og risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud ofog risker has much to be proud of
Nice...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats!!! I would like to see some more pictures - interior - and those wheels dont look bad on the car but i LOVE the Spyder wheels (and they are REALLY light!). Thought about getting a set?

Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Congrats!!! I would like to see some more pictures - interior - and those wheels dont look bad on the car but i LOVE the Spyder wheels (and they are REALLY light!). Thought about getting a set?
I actually wanted the Spyder wheels due to them being light. Maybe I can get someone to trade with me?! Might pic some up if I find a steal;-) Inside is blacker than black. But I like the Basalt black! Someone didn't order the Audio interface for this car even though it was a "No cost" option, that hurts a little. But as good as the Sports exhaust sounds, no radio is required!!!

Old 04-01-2011, 05:17 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Congrats.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 PM
PolarPorsche is on a distinguished road
Congrats, black is the business.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks all. I have to say, after a day outing on Saturday that this car is surprisingly fun! Fantastic driver's car! I was really missing my 06 C4S when I traded it in on a Panamera4s for a change, but this Spyder is actually more fun I must say then the C4S. This car's feel for the road is great. Maybe the lack of PASM and just a conventional (so to speak) sport suspension certainly helps with that aspect. The lightness, mid-engine all add to this car's great ride! The Sport Exhaust on this Boxster if perfect.

I recommend anyone that gets a chance to take a Spyder for a test drive, do it!

Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
So glad to hear your thoughts on the car --- sounds EXACTLY like me. The Spyder is the best all around drivers car i have ever owned. Not the fastest - but the best to drive. I am nearing 3000 miles on mine and have loved every one of them!!!

PS: interior pics?

Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
congrats and enjoy your new car. looks good in black.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:01 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
hows the performance ? and have you or going to track your car?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
hows the performance ? and have you or going to track your car?
The car still only has 600 miles on it, so I am taking it easy for a bit more. Up here at about 6700ft elevation, I don't expect to ever feel its real potential, but the handling is great and the growl of the sports exhaust is great as I stated above! I may take it on an open road race someday, I will also have to wait a bit to take it to the mountains.

I don't expect this to be the most powerful car I have owned, but sometimes power isn't everything. One of the best cars I ever owned was a 2002 Mini Cooper S;-)

Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
beautiful car!

nice rims, but aren't they heavier than the Boxster Spyder ones?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally worked a deal to trade the PANA for a Spyder!