Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 981 S is delivered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
My 981 S is delivered!

After some long months, my 981 S is finally here, picked it up today!

I can give you a more thorough review after I have driven it more, but here are a few first impressions:

Build quality and styling is a huge leap forward! Everything looks more solid and "stylish" than the 987, especially the interior. The Boxster has grown up, now it has an appearance that matches the price tag!

Ride quality is improved, the car is more comfortable. That doesn't mean it's softer (it's not!), but it rides much smoother over bumps and cracks.

It's very quiet with the top up! Less road noise. The 987 can be a bit tiresome on long highway trips, the 981 appears to be a more comfortable highway cruiser.

PDK works flawlessly. I have only driven a Panamera with PDK before, but the 981 shifts faster and smoother.

Exhaust note (standard exhaust) is surprisingly different from the 987. The 981 is more "raspy" and aggressive. The PDK downshifts results in some very nice throttle blips that make nearbye pedestrians jump!

Last edited by Kelderek; 06-08-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
A few more:

Old 06-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
beauty!! I can't wait to drive one.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Congrats on the white beauty! Porsche perfected the Boxster. Exterior looks awesome and interior is gorgeous! Enjoy your new toy!

Old 06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
jnkk1 is on a distinguished road
Wow.... Your car looks fantastic. The white paint looks really good with the black exterior trim pieces.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Get Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to beholdGet Your Wheels is a splendid one to behold
Nice! Enjoy in good health!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
wow very nice. congrats!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by jnkk1
Wow.... Your car looks fantastic. The white paint looks really good with the black exterior trim pieces.
Thanks!

I agree about the contrast with the black trim... I considered agate grey and basalt black, but with all the black trim I thought a bright color would make for a more interesting look!

Old 06-08-2012, 03:50 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Congratulations! Your car looks great.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:11 PM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Dude, that’s freakin’ awesome... I’m really jealous now...lol. I’m glad you got yours in, can’t wait to hear your review. Love it in white, looks waaay better than I would have thought. Good choice!!!

Now I just have to suffer another 2 months and I can get mine... CONGRATS!!!

Mark

Old 06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
beautiful!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 05:18 PM
PoloTurbo is on a distinguished road
This is in fact a very beautiful car. Congrats. Really like what theyve done with the boxster. LEAP forward IMO in the looks department compare to the earlier models.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
...drool...enjoy!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
That looks fantastic...Congrats!!

Old 06-08-2012, 11:16 PM
navanod will become famous soon enoughnavanod will become famous soon enough
Looks great!
I have until October before mine is delivered.
Oh well... better late than never
Enjoy your new baby!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My 981 S is delivered!