Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two Month Test of HIP Clear Engine Cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
cremaley is on a distinguished road
Two Month Test of HIP Clear Engine Cover

Just completed a two month test of the HIP clear engine cover and I am happy to report that the increased noise level in the cabin is minimal ( a slight swishing sound from the engine ) and there is no discernible increase in cabin temperature. Overall, I am very pleased with the HIP clear engine cover. Since I Concours my Cayman S, it makes it very easy to remove the clear cover so the judges can inspect my engine plus I think it looks awesome. Having the inlet manifolds painted added substantially to the appearance. As far as I am concerned, the HIP clear engine cover is a permanent fixture on my car. I am keeping the stock heat shield and carpet cover in the event I sell the car down the road and the new owner wants to covert back to stock although I can't imagine way he or she would.

Attached Images  
Old 05-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Always loved the clear engine cover and glad to see your enjoying it.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:22 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Are you showing this off again Looks great happy to hear that it's working out for you. See you at Peachstate a social soon....

Old 05-20-2013, 02:50 PM
HollywoodCaymanS is on a distinguished road
Car looks great!

Did you paint the manifolds yourself? I want to get mine painted and was wondering if I should do it myself or pay someone.

Thanks

Old 05-20-2013, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by HollywoodCaymanS
Car looks great!

Did you paint the manifolds yourself? I want to get mine painted and was wondering if I should do it myself or pay someone.

Thanks
I did not paint the manifolds myself. I took them to my body shop and they painted them. They baked the paint so it will withstand the heat from the motor and not discolor. Total cost was $500.00. Not cheap but they did an awesome job. I have been using this body shop for more than 15 years and I knew they would do a great job. I am not a do it yourself kind of guy so it was worth the cost to me to get a professional job. Good luck with yours.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cremaley
I did not paint the manifolds myself. I took them to my body shop and they painted them. They baked the paint so it will withstand the heat from the motor and not discolor. Total cost was $500.00. Not cheap but they did an awesome job. I have been using this body shop for more than 15 years and I knew they would do a great job. I am not a do it yourself kind of guy so it was worth the cost to me to get a professional job. Good luck with yours.
Looks pretty good. Got any closeups on those plenums?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by Enilder
Looks pretty good. Got any closeups on those plenums?

This is the best I can do. Hope its what you want to see.

Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2013, 06:14 PM
HollywoodCaymanS is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info. I think taking it in is best too. $500 to know it was done right is worth it.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Looks great!

Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 PM
Michael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really niceMichael Yount is just really nice
cremaley - after another 7 months - still pleased with the way it's holding up? I'm considering one for my '10 S.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Michael Yount
cremaley - after another 7 months - still pleased with the way it's holding up? I'm considering one for my '10 S.
Really don't know at this point. I traded my 08 Cayman S for a 2011 Spyder. Hopefully the new owner is enjoying what I did to the Cayman S.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 AM
Vampyre is on a distinguished road
How much dust and or dirt would get on the clear cover after driving?

Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vampyre
How much dust and or dirt would get on the clear cover after driving?
If I didn't get caught in the rain very little dirt got on the underside of the cover. Dust on the top side was very easy to wipe off. About once a month I would removed the clear cover and clean the bottom side. Very easy to maintain.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:29 PM
gohtret is on a distinguished road
Always wanted to do this. Where did you get the cover from?

Old 01-17-2014, 04:32 PM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
that looks really cool. i like.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Two Month Test of HIP Clear Engine Cover