Camber question - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.

Camber question

Old 09-13-2018, 11:07 PM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
Camber question

If I change my front camber track side using 3 top mounting bolts, do I need to adjust toe and caster as well or will they stay close to current settings?

Looking to keep street and go aggressive track side, then back to street.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:48 PM
Macster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond reputeMacster has a reputation beyond repute
If you move the strut tower tops in or out to change camber this affects toe. (In some cases if the strut tower tops are moved forwards or backwards this can affect caster as well.)

I do not know by how much toe would be affected. You might consider with the car on the alignment rack and properly aligned having the tech loosen the strut towers and then position them to get the extra camber you desire and then checking toe to see how it is affected. The tech can advise you if the toe is affected how this might impact,or not, the car's on track behavior. The change to toe might be small enough to be a non factor.

Or have the car aligned for the track with the strut towers positioned to give you the extra camber you desire and have the toe then adjusted to bring into spec.

'course, this might result in camber that makes the car a bit darty when driven on the street. Six of one half dozen of the other.

Old 09-19-2018, 04:20 PM
BoostedAP1 is on a distinguished road
Changing camber will change toe. The lower you go the more it'll change toe. Usually people will do an alignment after lowering. I usually set toe to 0 all around and match all the camber up,

Old 09-20-2018, 10:14 AM
shadow993 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BoostedAP1
Changing camber will change toe. The lower you go the more it'll change toe. Usually people will do an alignment after lowering. I usually set toe to 0 all around and match all the camber up,
I did, but due to time and track day... porsche couldn't fit me in.

He set the front at -1 and rear at -2.5 with front and rear toe at 0. There is still room to add more camber, so I'm taking it back to get the front at max camber.