Importing to Canada: New Requirements for Porsche Recall Letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
jazzman50 is on a distinguished road
well i got my paper work from the dealer in P.A . sent it in to the RIV and going down there tuesday to do the transfer . I even had the dealer do the 100 point inspection cost was 114.00 and i got enough info on there for the recall letter . Wednesday my new toy will have a new cold weather home in Canada . I guess now i need to decide whether or not i take it to Canadian Tire for the lights and the Odometer or to the Dealer Stealer amd if i should pay him 1250.00 to honour the balance of the warranty for 9 months or i roll the dice on that any thoughts

Old 01-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Importing was a breeze

My 2006 911 with 8,000 miles on it arrived , got the RIV sticker and the plates its sitting in the garage waiting for spring under a new ebay imported blanket . Had the lights and inspection done by a porsche guy and took it to Crappy tire , they gave me my clearance no charge . Now all that is left is to beat Porsche for the balance of warranty without giving them the 1200.00 should be easy to do .

Anyone know how to get the Bluetooth to work does its have a pcm 2 or 3 lol wish i knew . Has anyone put a M0bridge bluetooth in there car

Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ i'm planning to do this pretty quick here. So it looks like the bottom line is, if you want a warranty you need a $1250 inspection at the local dealership.

Otherwise, does anyone have a comprehensive list of what is currently required to car the car plated, registered, insured and on the road in Canada?

I'm hoping to buy a 996 off a 6speeder on here, and either ship it up or drive it up. I want to get everything prepared before I fly down so there's no surprises.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi Split

I think its just the odometer needs to show KMS and running lights were done by my local Porsche guy in Toronto and in the spring once i take it out of storage he will set me up with his buddy who is head of service for dealer and i shouldnt have to pay the 1200 just a normal amount for an inspection

Old 01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
^ does the 2002 Carrera have a the little digital speedo that can be changed to KMH?

Old 01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
rajeshr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by split
^ i'm planning to do this pretty quick here. So it looks like the bottom line is, if you want a warranty you need a $1250 inspection at the local dealership.
The $1250 used be for the dealership to give you the Recall Clearance letter. The warranty will be honoured irrespective of whether you pay $1250 to the dealer or not.

I got my Recall Letter from the US dealer I dealt with - my local Porsche dealer will and has honoured my warranty.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:27 AM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by split
^ does the 2002 Carrera have a the little digital speedo that can be changed to KMH?
Yes it does

Old 01-13-2010, 01:19 PM
anything i should worry about? I'm looking at a black one in texas with 70,000miles. Apparently the RMS has never leaked (which would happen before 40,000miles if it was going to) and the clutch has been changed recently. Any other maintanence items I should be aware of?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
scubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to beholdscubadawg is a splendid one to behold
See if the 60K service has been done. and at how many miles was the clutch done?

I purchased my C2 with 52K on it, but they did a CPO inspection on it at 45K and put a new clutch in it. My CPO just ended last Nov.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:53 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Just purchased a 2007 997tt from Ohio to bring to Ontario. Anyone know if I have to get a driveclean emissions test? how about a "safety" inspection before being able to register it?

Old 03-19-2010, 10:26 PM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Yup, you will need a drive clean test and certification done prior to licensing.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:13 AM
NanaimoCTT is on a distinguished road
my dealer only charged me $500

Old 03-20-2010, 06:54 AM
thor7000 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by NanaimoCTT
my dealer only charged me $500
Man you guys are getting ripped off....I don't understand why you don't just get a recall printout from a U.S dealer....that's what I did for both my Porsches without any problem!!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 AM
FE_RING is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thor7000
Man you guys are getting ripped off....I don't understand why you don't just get a recall printout from a U.S dealer....that's what I did for both my Porsches without any problem!!
Yeah when I start looking in the US I am just going to have the seller get one for me

Old 03-20-2010, 12:37 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by thor7000
Yup, you will need a drive clean test and certification done prior to licensing.
okay, thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Importing to Canada: New Requirements for Porsche Recall Letter