Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

'09 TT vs, TTS and Options / Resale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 07:09 PM
copasetic222 is on a distinguished road
'09 TT vs, TTS and Options / Resale

I’m close to ordering a 2009 TT or TTS. I currently have an ’06 TTS. If history repeats itself, the TTS will carry an MSRP premium of at least $20m over a TT. Plus, if I read between the lines correctly in the Porsche press release, ceramic brakes will add at least $9m more.

I asked the sales manager at a very good and trustworthy dealership that knows me well to tell me straight what he thought about resale. He thinks the TTS will immediately loose about half of the MSRP difference.

More importantly, he also said he does not add anything for expensive options beyond the standard ones (nav, etc.) when he appraises a trade in. He specifically said he does not add anything for a pano roof, PDCC, and ceramic brakes (where now available).

This dealership, and two others in other parts of the country, have told me the same thing: (based on ’08 model prices) on resale, you’ll pretty much loose everything over a sticker of $100m.

I’m torn between getting what (I think) I really want, and being “smart” because I normally don’t keep a vehicle very long (one to two years), although at this stage I always think “this is the one that will break that pattern).

What do you guys think?

Old 05-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
I think the dealers are right...

Old 05-25-2008, 12:14 AM
arcticsilver997 is on a distinguished road
If you are worried about resale, the Cayenne is not vehicle you would want. That being said I still do not regret purchasing our 08 CTT.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:24 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
i predict the TTS loaded with PCCB will easily top 135k if not more that 140k. and worth 90k in a year. nice car but scary number.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:39 AM
mja 996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
I think the dealers are right...
I don't think 'being smart about it' goes with this forum

Old 05-25-2008, 10:22 AM
copasetic222 is on a distinguished road
I think you guys are right, but I am sticking with Cayenne and just don't know if I want to loose 40k that fast!

Old 05-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Test drive the new CTT and see if it satisfy you in terms of power and handling. I am 100% satisfied with my CTT and do not plan to pay more just to have an "S" at the badge.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by copasetic222
More importantly, he also said he does not add anything for expensive options beyond the standard ones (nav, etc.) when he appraises a trade in. He specifically said he does not add anything for a pano roof, PDCC, and ceramic brakes (where now available).
Precisely why I NEVER trade to a dealer. If you can sell yourself it's not quite that bad......

Originally Posted by copasetic222
I’m torn between getting what (I think) I really want, and being “smart” because I normally don’t keep a vehicle very long (one to two years), although at this stage I always think “this is the one that will break that pattern).
You only live once, if you can afford it go for it. My wife and I have said the same thing about this being the one that we keep. Sixteen years and 50+ vehicles that's not likely to be a true statement for us anyway anytime soon.....

Old 05-25-2008, 02:30 PM
ahklein is on a distinguished road
All cars are depreciating assets. How much you choose to lose is a personal decision. The "extras" are for your personal enjoyment. They don't make financial sense unless you keep the car long enough. If you can afford it, go for it! However, if you spend $140k for an over the top CTTS and sell it one year later, expect it to cost you!!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:25 PM
ventuje is on a distinguished road
The "TT-S" is pretty much the fastest bad-assed SUV on the market. You can't go wrong with every option you can afford. We all know these cars are horrible when it comes to being an "asset", cause they aint! You got the cash, get the S and every option you want. As said previously, you only live once!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
they say the options are worth nothing at trade in time, but when they are selling it to the next guy they suddenly remember that some of those options do have value!

Old 05-26-2008, 01:01 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I woud rather have a minimal and nicely spec'd CTT and modify it for less than a TTS.