Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

'04 CTT Filter Install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:10 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
'04 CTT Filter Install

How do I remove the air intake pipes/replace the filters on my '04 CTT? I bought a couple BMC filters and went out to install them today but I can't move the tubes out of the way enough to get the old filters out. I'm assuming they have to come out.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Let me know what you think of those filters.. I'm curious if its worth it. Now with my GIAC tune.. it may make my car breath easier.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 PM
Will do.. if I can find out how to get them in I've never seen a more difficult filter location in a vehicle.

From past experience, high-flow filters have increased throttle response and sound.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Anybody know? Do I have to access it from the bottom? This thing is ridiculous!

Old 11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
haha.. come on and get that installed already buddy. I'm waiting on your results

Heres a link.. don't know if its helpful enough..

[media]http://www.evoms.com/WebSiteUsers/evoadmin/install/CayenneTT_VFlow_Install.pdf[/media]

Old 11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
You buy those filters local by the way? Where?

Old 11-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Old 11-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the links! I actually figured it prior to your posts I put a hole in the air box trying to get the "air ride hose" connection off. It broke cleanly so I massaged it back and duct taped it. Seems to be fine. It's just a breather hose anyways. I also dropped a quarter while putting the trim pieces back on. It's now stuck somewhere on the under panel

First impressions: It's definitely louder when getting on it. I can't really comment on any "seat of the pants" performance difference because I've only had the vehicle for 2 weeks, and it moves damn fast

I think a better mod to do would be to get an intake kit, like the Evolution one you linked. Open air intakes are almost always better than the factory air boxes.

I bought the filters from http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=196688 but they were $10 cheaper last week!

Old 11-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by huskyfan23

I think a better mod to do would be to get an intake kit, like the Evolution one you linked. Open air intakes are almost always better than the factory air boxes.
Watch what you say about this, I was slammed on an other thread because I was bold enough to say that the High Flow kit EVOMS offers was a much better choice when compared to a drop-in style....

-Eli

Old 11-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Does the EVOMS kit come with 2 intakes or is it 1 per $650? When I ordered these drop-ins I thought it was $1300 for the set, but if that's not the case then I'm getting it! While I don't necessarily trust no-name filters, those conical filters can be replaced with something by K&N or BMC.

As far as it being better than drop-ins, of course it is! It's a less restrictive design.

Old 11-27-2008, 10:12 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
Thanks for the links! I actually figured it prior to your posts I put a hole in the air box trying to get the "air ride hose" connection off. It broke cleanly so I massaged it back and duct taped it. Seems to be fine. It's just a breather hose anyways. I also dropped a quarter while putting the trim pieces back on. It's now stuck somewhere on the under panel

First impressions: It's definitely louder when getting on it. I can't really comment on any "seat of the pants" performance difference because I've only had the vehicle for 2 weeks, and it moves damn fast

I bought the filters from http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....ail&PID=196688 but they were $10 cheaper last week!
Couple of things I want to add. The factory airboxes do have an air tube routed to the front of the vehicle, so they are constantly supplied with fresh air, in a "ram-air" fashion, so there isn't so much a "lack of air" for the stock airboxes. The air tube snaps onto the stock airbox, forcing the air through the filter. Secondly, I strongly recommend you replace the airbox cover that you broke. Yes, you may have just broken off the air suspension vent, but you also broke a hole into the filtered side of the air box, allowing anything that gets into the hole a direct path into the turbo/engine.

Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 AM
CayenneS is on a distinguished road
Thanks a milion Seattle996
Great and very useful PDF

Old 11-28-2008, 12:09 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
sorry if its too late, but the correct way to access these pain in the A$$ filter boxes is to remove the front wheels and remove the plastic wheel well cover, the filters are right there. Hope this helps others who are going to DTY

Old 11-28-2008, 05:19 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dinorocz
sorry if its too late, but the correct way to access these pain in the A$$ filter boxes is to remove the front wheels and remove the plastic wheel well cover, the filters are right there. Hope this helps others who are going to DTY
If all one is doing is air filters, this is definitely not the way to do it. If you are removing the entire air box, it is easier this way, though not the only way. You would still only need to loosen the front portion of the liner and pull it back, and this is only to disconnect/reconnect the air inlet pipe from the front of the vehicle.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
If all one is doing is air filters, this is definitely not the way to do it. If you are removing the entire air box, it is easier this way, though not the only way. You would still only need to loosen the front portion of the liner and pull it back, and this is only to disconnect/reconnect the air inlet pipe from the front of the vehicle.
so you basically described the same thing i did, unless I'm missing something?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: '04 CTT Filter Install