Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Installed Turbo cluster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Installed Turbo cluster

I picked up a Turbo cluster last year, I waited until the miles from the original cluster caught up to the Turbo cluster. Also changed out the dials for aluminum.

Old 08-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
that looks like Monterey to me...nice job as usual...

Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 AM
knicks will become famous soon enough
looks sweeet nice job man. i love the techart lower valence

Old 08-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
do you have local dealer reset the mileage for you? Look very nice!

Old 08-24-2009, 08:27 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
hi Kevin.
i didnt think this mod was possible?
due to the different guages etc, did you have to change wiring etc or was it plug and play?
i wanted to do this to my old S but always thought it was impossible.
i have a friend who has an S and he would love to change the dials to the same as mine, do you have a pdc or info on how it was done?
superb mod by the way.

just change your bonnet/hood and no one would know it wasnt a turbo.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Twincharge is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ONE234
hi Kevin.
due to the different guages etc, did you have to change wiring etc or was it plug and play?
i have a friend who has an S and he would love to change the dials to the same as mine, do you have a pdc or info on how it was done?
superb mod by the way.

Theres a large thread about this thread in one of the other well known Porsche forums. Apparently it is plug and play, luckily the immo is not integrated into the cluster.

What gets me though is this, what does the boost guage do on a normally aspirated engine?

Also, I noticed that you have compass, did you have this on your old cluster too? Also, are these turbo clusters supposed to be silent? Mine make no noise at all, even when using signal indicators or leaving lights on it is silent.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Toothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really niceToothzilla is just really nice
Nice work as usual! What's in the garage?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:58 PM
Modaholic
Kevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond reputeKevin M has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ray
do you have local dealer reset the mileage for you? Look very nice!
Thanks, no Ray I waited until the miles matched. You can't reset miles on a cluster, you can add miles to match it, but can't go back.

Originally Posted by ONE234
hi Kevin.
superb mod by the way.

No just plug and play, How to is here.. http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8028

Originally Posted by Twincharge
Theres a large thread about this thread in one of the other well known Porsche forums. Apparently it is plug and play, luckily the immo is not integrated into the cluster.

What gets me though is this, what does the boost guage do on a normally aspirated engine?

Also, I noticed that you have compass, did you have this on your old cluster too? Also, are these turbo clusters supposed to be silent? Mine make no noise at all, even when using signal indicators or leaving lights on it is silent.
Nothing boost gauge is dead, no old cluster did not have the compass however I did order this option but it never worked. Not supposed to be slient maybe your buzzer is dead. I put tape over mine to quiet it down.

Originally Posted by Toothzilla
Nice work as usual! What's in the garage?

Thanks Chris..

Uncle's 2002 DV7 with 1200 miles

Old 08-25-2009, 05:51 AM
ONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud ofONE234 has much to be proud of
kevin, it wont allow me to view on rentech, is there a way you can post via a paste or something?
thanks mate.

ok, can see it now (registered)

Last edited by ONE234; 08-25-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added text.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:41 AM
realmr2001 will become famous soon enoughrealmr2001 will become famous soon enough
Looks nice!
where did you order the aluminum dials?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:02 AM
my colleague has asked me to pass on his thanks, and has ordered a turbo cluster from a breakers yard here for £250 including vat, and he bought this morning a set of white dials with grey numbers off ebay for £220
so hes happy.

ill let you know if he encounters any problems.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
madburg is on a distinguished road
Same here, anyone know were to get aluminum or Slate Gray dials, would match the interior LOVELY

Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM
they are all over ebay, any colour you like from germany.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 AM
madburg is on a distinguished road
I see them on ebay, but not sure of the quality?
Anyone on this board purchase one from them? How long has it been on for and happy with the quality?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:21 AM
quality should not be an issue as they state they supply to manufactures and as there german i would say this is a pre requisite?

my colleague has ordered a set in white, so when they arrive i will have a peep at them (proberly have to fit them for him )
so if you can wait 2/3 days ill let you know.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Installed Turbo cluster