Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Brake Squeaks on New Turbo S normal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:56 AM
freeldr is on a distinguished road
Brake Squeaks on New Turbo S normal?

Hello all,

I just pickup a new 2009 Turbo S and noticed the brakes started to squeak after a week of use. It has been two weeks of squeaking now. Is this typical or should I bring it to the dealer? Do they charge for the inspection ?

Sorry for the questions but I am new to the Porsche family and the way they do business.

Regards,

Old 10-27-2009, 09:14 AM
christx997 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by freeldr
Hello all,

I just pickup a new 2009 Turbo S and noticed the brakes started to squeak after a week of use. It has been two weeks of squeaking now. Is this typical or should I bring it to the dealer? Do they charge for the inspection ?

Sorry for the questions but I am new to the Porsche family and the way they do business.

Regards,
goto to a self wash and pressure wash ur brakes. usually its the brake dust build up that causes squeaks. they do not charge for the inspection due to the fact its under warranty.

hope this helps

chris

Old 10-27-2009, 10:56 AM
Good Suggestion.

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it tonight.

Old 10-27-2009, 08:03 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
squeaky brakes are normal. just wash them hard

Old 10-27-2009, 08:34 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Washing your brakes isn’t going to do anything. Most Porsches use brake pads with hard edges rather then beveled. They squeak because that hard edge grabs and releases really quickly over the rotor surface and acts like a reed in an instrument and makes noise. It’s not anything out of the ordinary or safety related, but if it’s annoying you take it back to the dealer and have them fix it.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-brakes.html

Old 10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
My CTT has had squeaking brakes for the longest time. Dealer checked it and said the noise is normal.

Now the dealer said too many owners have complained, and they said Porsche may do something to fix it, don't know when it will happen though.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Upgrade to the Hawk Ceramic pads like I did and the noise and dust go away!

David

Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
My '09 CTTS squeaks not all the time, but occassionally

Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
mstlc03 is on a distinguished road
Update

I went in to my dealership recently to have my 10K mile service performed. At the same time, I complained to them about my noisy brakes. The SA told me Porsche already have a fix available but my dealership didn't have all the parts required to perform the fix. Has anyone here already have had this done???

Old 03-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Squeak

Your lucky that they are aware of the squeak fix available at your dealership.

My dealer (Premiere status) is still saying it is normal behavior. Keep us updated if you get the fix. I will let my dealership know about it.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mstlc03
I went in to my dealership recently to have my 10K mile service performed. At the same time, I complained to them about my noisy brakes. The SA told me Porsche already have a fix available but my dealership didn't have all the parts required to perform the fix. Has anyone here already have had this done???
When I had my 997TT in a couple of weeks ago, I was informed the tech had already ordered the parts for the CTTS brake squeak fix without me even knowing about it. I had mentioned the issue a few months ago and he remembered to take care of me when the fix came out. Great service!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Justahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud ofJustahonda has much to be proud of
The noise and high amounts of brake dust are normal. There should have been a brochure in your driverside sunvisor with a cover stating "Getting to know your porsche" Talks all about little things about your truck and more or less how all of them equal out to the better performance of your vehicle.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:54 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Justahonda
The noise and high amounts of brake dust are normal. There should have been a brochure in your driverside sunvisor with a cover stating "Getting to know your porsche" Talks all about little things about your truck and more or less how all of them equal out to the better performance of your vehicle.
I agree that some noise is normal, but my noise is definitely not normal - the calipers are not completely releasing. I think there was a thread on the topic a while back.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Calipers

Hey Sparkhill

Are you getting a squeal for a few second after you release your brakes as you start a forward motion?

Is that what they are trying to resolve? I have the same problem on my 09 CTTS but it usually disappears by the time I reach the dealership. It is very annoying.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 AM
mstlc03 is on a distinguished road
Unfortunatley, my squeak stay for the duration of the drive. It will only go away if I don't apply the brakes for a while. In either case, the SA told me Porsche received way too many complaints about this so they came up with a fix for it. I'm sure it's going to take a bit for them to get all of the parts and my dealership said they will call everyone that has complained about this in the past and get everyone fixed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Brake Squeaks on New Turbo S normal?