Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Shame on Techart!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:39 AM
RDKJ is on a distinguished road
Shame on Techart!

Techart customer service is hands down the worst service that I have encountered in quite some time at any business. I purchased an Aerokit I package for my 08 CTT from Peter @ Wheelexperts and received parts which did not fit properly. For over 2 weeks we have been waiting for the parts, see this thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lp-needed.html

It took Techart over 1 week to simply identify which parts we needed to complete the project, during that 1 week period they could tell me nothing more than "we are looking into it". Techart now claims to have shipped the parts, but they sent them to the airport nearest the installer, but can't provide an airbill number or even tell us where and when to expect the parts. Here is the response I received from CEC "
We are desperately trying to get any information out of Germany about the shipment. They provided us with nothing but the location. The shipper (Hellmann) had been unable to locate anything."

For a purchase this large (well over 10k), one would certainly expect better support and communication. Based upon my experience, I would advise against purchasing your aftermarket parts from Techart for any project.

On a good note, Peter @ Wheelexperts has been very good to deal with, unfortunately he is at the mercy of Techart

Old 12-17-2009, 09:46 AM
z145433 is on a distinguished road
the fitment issue sucks, but you shouldn't be too hard on them with the shipping. items can sit in customs for days and even weeks. once dhl or whatever puts that last stamp on it in germany customs takes over and it all moves at a government pace, which means coffee breaks and long meetings about who's in charge.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:26 AM
I understand the customs process, my aggravation is that they are not able to provide a tracking number or any shipment information whatsoever. Hell,
CEC can't even find anyone who can confirm shipment.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
A copy of the waybill has been emailed to you.
Thank you for your patience.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Mark,
Thanks for finally getting the waybill from Techart. I have been on the phone with Hellman Logistics and now Luftansana for the last hour. Hellman is asking who my customs broker is? I don't have a customs broker... Please advise.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
markccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to beholdmarkccars is a splendid one to behold
We are on the phone with them now.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:12 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Hope it all gets worked out for ya. I know that, for myself, I love the looks of my Techart body parts and it'll be well worth the wait!

Things coming from Germany take forever. I remember waiting over 3 weeks just to get a replacement 2nd key for my CTT b/c it had to come from Germany.

Old 12-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Precision is on a distinguished road
"Great things come to those who wait" Once you finally get the kit installed on your truck, and take a step back and look how awesome your truck looks, you'll forget all about this. Hang in there, it will definitely be worth the wait!! Congrats on the upgrade!! Post some pics when it's finished.

Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 AM
I would like to thank Mark from CEC and Alex from Techart for stepping up yesterday and moving this project forward.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:34 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Ya gotta love customs. We deal with them all the time, too. And this entire debacle is the reason we stopped doing body parts eons ago. Everything fits great until they sit in customs for a week in a 125 degree container....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp