Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

>>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Brentis
Well that's cool. If you are using to experiment & play with. It just seemed everyone was complementing the look of all those disparate pieces.

Someone mentioned CF mirror caps. I actually saw these on a silver one like mine and if you could fab a cap that snapped on or replacement, that could be of interest to a lot of people as they sell for $500 .
Those caps seamed to fall off the face of the earth. Remember them all over ebay last year, now I only see them on suncoast. The miss-match pieces is what I will deal with for now as I am replacing all the wood a little at a time. Everyone blasted me when I left the hood CF for a week. I ultimately painted it which was a good move. Once the entire interior is CF, it will be fine as last I checked, CF and gray go well together. The red gauges will be the only interior pimp that some may say looks like hell. Make me happy and that's what counts - so says my wife.

BTW - if anyone has taken their alumi-look trim off and wants to dump it, let me know.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:17 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Those caps seamed to fall off the face of the earth. Remember them all over ebay last year, now I only see them on suncoast. The miss-match pieces is what I will deal with for now as I am replacing all the wood a little at a time. Everyone blasted me when I left the hood CF for a week. I ultimately painted it which was a good move. Once the entire interior is CF, it will be fine as last I checked, CF and gray go well together. The red gauges will be the only interior pimp that some may say looks like hell. Make me happy and that's what counts - so says my wife.

BTW - if anyone has taken their alumi-look trim off and wants to dump it, let me know.

I like the interior CF pieces. I also love the red gauges...as I have them on my Turbo as well.

I do agree that matte carbon might be more driver-friendly as glare can be an issue.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Cool

Then I guess adding the hydraulics, lambo doors, 30' dubs, naked chick mudflaps, vanity plates " 2Fresh" and vintage huggy bear interior accents is right out.

Hey now! My 951 has sweet Naked Chicks under the paint in the back

Old 08-17-2010, 10:38 AM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Woooaaaaahhh brotha - that's a major score. You only need the leg lamp from Christmas story and you are done!

My guess is you bought your 951 from either a guy name Cleatus or Varnel.

Originally Posted by Cole
Hey now! My 951 has sweet Naked Chicks under the paint in the back

Old 08-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I pulled the center reflector off to sell and save weight on the track car only to discover those.

The comedy is not only that someone thought they were cool at some point, but someone else was too lazy to remove them to add paint!! Which I suspect a 3rd party really did not like them and covered them up with the Porsche center reflector piece.

....we just think it is good humor for a track based car.

I think your interior will look much better with the carbon fiber than the wood. All the gauges and stuff will fall right into place without the wood.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I pulled the center reflector off to sell and save weight on the track car only to discover those.

The comedy is not only that someone thought they were cool at some point, but someone else was too lazy to remove them to add paint!! Which I suspect a 3rd party really did not like them and covered them up with the Porsche center reflector piece.

....we just think it is good humor for a track based car.

I think your interior will look much better with the carbon fiber than the wood. All the gauges and stuff will fall right into place without the wood.

ROFL - painting over those fine chrome ladies just made them more aerodynamic - def a race-day enhancement.

I agree with you - once all is CF, it will be just right. To contrast how mild my mods are and how picky we are as a group, I give you exhibit A:

Old 08-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Exclamation

"h o l y b a t c r a p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old 08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
medtech is on a distinguished road
Ok, after looking at your pics, all I can say is, I like where your head is at my friend. I think the CF will look great with your exterior mods and the red gauges. (The wood definitely needs to go now).

You got some guts going DIY.

I would suggest doing the Center Storage/Elbow Rest next. A few of the 996 guys have done it and it looks awesome.

Enjoy!

Old 08-17-2010, 11:30 AM
After seeing that I would like to point out that the rest of my 951 is not all ghetto, just the naked ladies on the back.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by medtech
Ok, after looking at your pics, all I can say is, I like where your head is at my friend. I think the CF will look great with your exterior mods and the red gauges. (The wood definitely needs to go now).

You got some guts going DIY.

I would suggest doing the Center Storage/Elbow Rest next. A few of the 996 guys have done it and it looks awesome.

Enjoy!

Well at least 2 guys here get it Thanks man.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:36 AM
After seeing that I would like to point out that the rest of my 951 is not all ghetto, just the naked ladies on the back.

OH MY GOD - Jean to paint contact !!!! MY EYES !!!!!!!!!!!! I have killed for less.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Well at least 2 guys here get it Thanks man.

I'm a DIY mod junky and understand that projects take time. Sometimes they have to come together one step at a time. I can't wait to see the rest of your CF project.

FWIW. Mine is kinda in the same shape as yours.

Here is only part of the Micro Suede headliner done. (Since my CTT did not come wtih Alcantara).

Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 AM
OH MY GOD - Jean to paint contact !!!! MY EYES !!!!!!!!!!!! I have killed for less.

Trust me, that paint is not worth saving.

Here is what it looked like the day I bought the car. I have not painted it yet. Just buffed it enough to look good at 20 feet. Which is all a toy/track day car really needs.

Last edited by Cole; 08-17-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
Dam - you and I should be trading work! That looks great. But hey, when are you going to finish

I'm a DIY mod junky and understand that projects take time. Sometimes they have to come together one step at a time. I can't wait to see the rest of your CF project.

FWIW. Mine is kinda in the same shape as yours.

Here is only part of the Micro Suede headliner done. (Since my CTT did not come wtih Alcantara).

Old 08-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Man - your lucky the previous owner did not paint right over the bird turds.

Trust me, that paint is not worth saving.

Here is what it looked like the day I bought the car. I have not painted it yet. Just buffed it enough to look good at 20 feet. Which is all a toy/track day car really needs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: >>> Carbon Fibered my Cayennes Dash Pod - Lots O' Pics of the process <<<<